Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Oh Deer.......

Dearest Best Mom in the World,

2 posts in 2 days! Just because I love you! And because yesterdays update didn't even cover the past week.
So...remember how I was in Provo for a few hours after California? Well here's a crazy/random story:

So G and I are just chillin at this park. It wasn't like playground park...more of a picnic park. With cool tree's and stuff. Anyways! So it's getting kinda late and we were just hanging out on this blanket by the trees. And every once in awhile some wind would make the tree's leaves rustle and a branch would fall or something. And of course, it scared me a little tiny bit. But it wasn't that big of a deal.
Anyways, at one point there was a little bit more noise than normal behind me...but I tried not to think about it because I didn't want to get scared. Around this same time something caught G's eye and he glanced behind me, then looked at me kinda strangely, and then tried to distract me. But....being the smart young lady that you raised me to be, I didn't fall for it. As I tried to turn my head to look G grabbed my face and tried to prepare me for what I was about to see......

It looked a little something like this:

KILLER DEER!!!!!!!!!!!

I know!!!!!!! There was like a whole heard of 'em! Probably like 50! And they had us surrounded. And they growled. And they practically cornered us against the tree's. G and I had to stand back-to-back to protect ourselves from all angles.
I was definitely fearful for my life. Of course!!!
G, on the other hand, thought they were cool. Psh! Killer deer!? Cool?! I think not.
At one point he even put his hand out like he food in it and he made little clicking noises to get the deer to come closer. I about died! Finally I convinced him to scare them away. Which took him a couple tries to succeed at. I am happy to report that we are now safely recovering from the traumatizing experience.

Okay okay.....
Maybe they looked a little more like this:


But still!!!!!!!!! Look at that thing......
It's huge menacing eyes! And black nose...that's gotta be a bad sign. And what about all those white devil spots on it's back. Bah!
I get chills just thinking about the danger that we were in.
Thank goodness we are safe!

But in all seriousness....there were probably about 8 or 10 of 'em. And they were surrounding us. I don't think they knew we were there at first. They finally noticed us after G pretended to have food....one even started coming closer out of curiosity. But I got really scared and made G get them away. It really did take a couple tries, but finally they left.
G made fun of me for being so scared. So...I decided to do a little research. I found PLENTY of reports of deer attacks. Here are just a few terrifying stories of what could have happened to us:

  • Ron Dudek, 73, of Rancho Santa Fe, Calif., died Oct. 17 of complications from antler wounds inflicted to his face by a male deer that Dudek encountered when he went to pick tomatoes in his backyard garden. It was the nation's second deer-assault death in two years: Donald Sellers, 79, was fatally gored and mauled by his pet buck in Gilbertown, Ala., in 2003.
  • Karen Morris, 56, of Clearlake, Calif., was hospitalized for 12 days with head injuries in an attack by a young buck Nov. 17 outside her home. The horns bruised Clifford Morris, 68, when he came to his wife's aid.
  • In Covelo, Calif., on Sept. 29, Arnold and Jeannine Bloom returned to their pickup after watering a friend's vegetable garden. A small buck ran up to the truck and knocked the man on his back, California Department of Fish and Game warden Rusty Boccaleoni says. When Jeannine Bloom swung at the animal with a piece of firewood, it turned upon her and ripped a hole in her arm. The next day, Boccaleoni shot and killed the animal.

So there.


Also, Garrett came to visit this past weekend! It was a great surprise! He was here all day friday, saturday, and sunday morning. He even came to 6 hours of work in the dungeon lab and one of my classes! He's pretty great! It was a really really fun weekend!

Friday night was the first Utah State basketball game! Which was obviously so so great! We went with Mary Jane, Garrett's cousins Matt and Mike, and some other friends! After our glorious victory we all headed to Angies. I'm proud to announce that I have finally 'cleaned the sink'! It's a tradition for a lot of Utah State students. They bring out out this decent sized sink loaded with tons and tons of Ice cream, oreo, caramel, fudge, whipped cream, and bananas! The goal is to eat ALL OF IT. Clean the sink! As your nearing the end they even give you straws to suck up the melted ice cream/fudge/caramel mixture. It was soooo good....but way too much sugar. And that means a lot coming from me! We both felt so sick afterward. But don't worry...they give you a great bumper sticker that says "I cleaned the sink at Angies".....so that made it all worth it!

Mary Jane has always been my best basketball game buddy!
G thoroughly enjoyed my sunglasses


Madi, Marjan, Me!
Do you see the glory of cleaning the sink?!

Saturday we just kind hung out. We didn't really get anything accomplished. But we have so much fun just sitting there doing nothing.


Have you ever noticed that boys make such funny facial expressions when they shave. I know they have to in order to get the right angles and stuff...but still. I couldn't help but imitate him.
G trying to make me smile.....he always does.


That night was Halloween! The HOWL, which is rumored to be the biggest Halloween Party in the west (and it's put on by USU), was a little too expensive for us....so unfortunately we didn't get to go. Instead Garrett had the brilliant idea of buying candy to hand out to kids at a trunk-or-treat! We were both pretty excited. We might have spent a little too much time at walmart trying to decide which candy to buy....we checked the amount of candy in each bag so we could give as many kids candy as possible on our small budget. By the time we made it to the church everyone was gone. We were so sad. What is up with trunk-or-treats ending so early?! It was like 7! In my day the church parking lot trunk-or-treat was the place to be on Halloween night!
We were pretty disappointed. But we got to meet up with G's little sister who was in town for the night! We only got to spend a little while with her but it was still fun! Then we had a quick photo shoot for Mary Jane and her roommates before cozying up for a warm safe Halloween movie...Aladdin! We had already watched scary movies on Thursday and Friday night and I didn't sleep very well either of those nights....

We were very tired


It really was an excellent weekend! I'm so glad he came!


So yeah. That's the update.

LoooooooVE YOU MOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Kaela



P.s. 3 weeks until Thanksgiving! Can't wait to come home!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...