Monday, November 23, 2009

things to remember

Dear Person Who Wrote This,

I don't believe you.
1. Not true. Not everyone experiences every emotion. Nope. I mean, okay sure, we all feel happiness and sadness and fear....but everyone feels completely different degree's and mixtures of those emotions. Not everyone knows what fear for one's own life feels like...or the happiness that can come from having kids. Not everyone knows the emotions that come from pure heart break. Nope. Everyone does not feel like everyone else. Christ, on the other hand, He feels like everyone else. He's the only one. He knows how we all feel. He's felt every instant of emotion that anyone and everyone has ever felt. So...He's the only one. The end.
2. People are predictable. Maybe I just think this way because I'm a psychology major. And that's what we do. We find predictability in people. That's what we study. I think sometimes we just pretend people are unpredictable. But if we're honest with ourselves, then we realize that if we truly know someone, they never completely surprise us. And if they are unpredictable, it's just because we must not know them all that well. My mom always says, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them." People are NOT unpredictable.
3. I don't really get this one. I think letting go is a way to get control. I think if you have to hold on to something...then you're obviously not in control of the situation. And maybe one way to get back in control of yourself and the situation, is to let go. Maybe I just don't understand this one....
4. False. Okay....maybe I'm just saying this because I am a constant over-thinker. Yup. I'm like an over-over-thinker. It's like one of my best talents...over-thinking. I'm really very good at it. And yes, sometimes I wish I didn't do it, but I still don't put effort into changing it. Here's why...It really allows me to see the situation from all angles, emotions, and circumstances. It helps me make educated decisions. It prepares me for any turn the situation takes. I have come to truly appreciate over thinking. I do agree that a lot of no-good has come from over thinking....but "absolutely nothing good"? Come on! Sometimes it's okay.

So, person who wrote this lovely little note....Here are my suggested revisions for you:

THINGS TO REMEMBER

  • NOT EVERYONE HAS OR WILL FEEL LIKE YOU FEEL. BUT JESUS CHRIST...HE HAS! HE'S FELT EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE FEELING. HE MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE...BUT AT LEAST THERE IS ONE!
  • PEOPLE ARE PREDICTABLE. IF THEY'RE NOT...YOU JUST DON'T KNOW THEM WELL ENOUGH.
  • LETTING GO WILL HELP YOU GAIN TRUE CONTROL.
  • MOST OF THE TIME MORE BAD THAN GOOD COMES OUT OF OVER-THINKING THINGS....BUT SOMETIMES, IT'S STILL OKAY!

So...are we clear? Okay. Sweet!
Have a great day!

Love,
Kaela

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...