Tuesday, February 16, 2010

dress up!

Dear Mom,

As you know, I LOVE dress-up! I always have, always will. I can't wait until I can play with my little girls and dress them up in all kinds of fairy/princess/monster/80's/etc outfits!
I think this love of mine was something that started when I was little. Remember when I would literally change my outfit 30 times a day? Yup. That's where it all began.

Dress up is still something I enjoy doing. Especially with Marjanny. But if she's not here, I have no problem playing a little dress-up by myself.

I remember once when G and I first met....I was probably like 16. And he took me on a date and brought me home much later than he told you he would. Of course, you weren't too happy about this. When you brought it up, I'm pretty sure I had an attitude about it because I ended up getting grounded that weekend. I remember sitting at home feeling soooo bored. So of course I entertained myself by playing dress up! I remember putting my hair in pigtails and smearing bright blue eye shadow all around my eyes! And then G called me. He told me he was feeling bad that he had a contribution to my getting grounded, and so he was on his way to my house with the movie 13 going on 30 (to occupy me) and 2 cupcakes (even though by the time he arrived, there was only 1 left. silly boy!). So I rushed to the bathroom to try to get looking as normal as possible and then the doorbell rang. I still had 80's make up and high pig tails. And I was wearing the most absurd outfit. I answered the door anyways. Garrett didn't know me very well yet, but he just laughed at me and came in and hung out for awhile. I was super embarrassed at first, but after he left I was grateful that he had gotten a glimpse into the real me. I was even more grateful that he liked and appreciated that glimpse that he saw. And the rest is history.....

Anyways, this weekend when Marjan and Nat were here, I decided to show them the wonderful world of Molly's shoe room. Molly is one of my new roommates here in Provo. Her room has this 'closet' that is literally just another room in the house. She uses this room as a home for all her shoes. And she has some really cool shoes! So I wanted to show Mary Jane and Nat. I knew they'd appreciate!

The best part is that Molly and I have the same shoe size! So I got to try on all her fun shoes! These were especially fun because they matched the inside of the jacket I was wearing. I even folded out my sleeves so I could be all matchy....



Other than the fun animal print, I still think these shoes are fun just because of the heel! I'm not, nor have I ever been, one to wear heels. But these were super fun! And then we just couldn't stop laughing at the even more dramatic height difference between me and Marjan. Enjoy and feel free to laugh. I won't be offended.


Anyways, this is a pretty random post. But I like it. So that's that.

In other news:
  • Tomorrow is my first day of work. Thank you for the good luck wishes.
  • I love Garrett
  • 185 days until I get murried!
  • I'm still hatin' on UVU
  • Zumba class tomorrow!
  • Have you ever noticed how SO many people call it ValentiMes day instead of ValentiNes day. It shocks me!
K that's all.

Love you!

Love,
Kae

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that story about you and Garrett when you were in HS. So cute. And yes, you always tried on a million outfits. I remember you would use the pink and white polka dot scarf as a mini skirt and I was so offended...esspecially after mom complimented you on it when I thought it was so immodest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Rhonda is your favorite sister Leah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...