Monday, March 22, 2010

castle on a cloud

Dear Tiffini,

I thought about you a lot yesterday. It's kind of a long story, but this is how it came up:

I've been pretty sick this weekend. And Mr. Garrett did a wonderful job taking care of me. Honestly, I was quite spoiled. He made me food, tickled my back, brought me medicine....he even sang me lullabies to help me fall asleep. His song went like this:

Hush little baby don't you cry,
momma's gonna sing you a lullaby
and if that lullaby don't............sing?
momma's gonna buy you a diamond ring
and if that diamond ring don't shine
momma's gonna buy you a....something-dine
and if that something dime don't....sing
momma's gonna buy you a..... diamond ring....
and if that diamond ring don't shine....
momma's gonna buy you some 409
and if that 409 don't clean...
momma's gonna buy you a....diamond ring!

It was basically those exact words....over and over. It was cute though! I loved it! He also watched millions of chick-flick movies with me. Late last night, we were settling in to watch a movie of HIS choice. As we were looking.....I spotted Les Meserables! I tried to hide my excitement but G saw right through me. He forfeited his movie choice and started Les Mes!

This is where you come in!


Remember when we still lived in VA and you went and saw Les Mes for the first time? When you came home Leah and I crawled in bed with you and you played the soundtrack. We went through BOTH cd's that night while you explained every single detail to me. I remember you pausing the cd player to catch me up on the story line. That night I fell in love with Les Mes.

For weeks I listened to the soundtrack with you. We got to the point where you would be explaining the tiniest details....but I was totally 100% captivated. I had never seen the play...but I knew every word to every song, I knew every character inside and out, I even knew where the characters would be standing on the stage during certain parts of the play.

I LOVE Les Mes! And the main reason I love it so much, is because of that fun night we spent listening to the soundtrack while you told me the story. Les Mes is a great play! But I wouldn't love it nearly as much if it weren't for the memories of us that it brought back to me!



All of these memories made me even more excited to come see you next week! Just think....in a week we'll be hanging out together in New York City! I'm pretty blessed to have been to NYC a total of.....6 times in my life. But I'm still greedy! I'll take any chance I can to get there and hang out with you in that beautiful/exciting/busy big city! I've had some great memories there with you! Can't wait to see you in 6 days, 1 hour, and however many minutes!

LOOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Kaela



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...