Monday, June 14, 2010

67. oh baby!

Dear Garrett,

67 days.

Lately I've really been craving a little of this:



And if I can't have that, then I'd really like some of this:


Or this:


Or at least some of this:




Luckily! I'm Mary Jane and Natalie are coming to visit today! Here in Eagle! Don't I just have the best friends ever?! I think so too!
In approximately 3 hours they will be on their way! I have to work at the Eagle assisted living facility until 9, which is about when they should be arriving! I'm going to be so anxious the whole shift!

They also came last summer right before you came home from Australia! Here's a little taste of what we did then:









We really have so much fun together! I can't even wait! Just gotta get through one little shift tonight and then the fun can begin!!!

Have I told you lately how much I'm really enjoying my job? I truly am. The facility that I'm working at tonight (the Eagle one) is fairly new to me. This is only my second time working a real shift. I like it....but not as much as my other buildings. The women are very high functioning....which means they are more particular about how things go. They have very strict schedules. And if I don't turn their bed down at just the right time and exactly the right way, they have a little fit. Sigh. Oh well. I still like it, but I'm sure I'll like it a lot more once I learn all the little things about them. I have a feeling I'm going to fall in love with them just like my other residents.
I mainly work at the Meridian buildings. One has fairly high functioning residents, and the other is the dementia unit. This is my favorite! I love love love these people! They're all becoming my grandmas and grandpas! Luckily, I get to work in this building the most too!
Thelma has been one of my favorite residents lately. She's pretty far into her Alzheimers disease. It breaks my heart because she knows that she's lost it. All the time she walks up to me and says "I just feel lost....what am I supposed to be doing....do I live here.....I just feel so lost." I always try to sit down with her a couple times a day and explain to her that I'll always find her if she gets lost. She's just the sweetest lady! Even though she forgets who I am about a thousand times every time I work, we're getting to be pretty good buddies. She loves to hear about my wedding plans! Like 8 times a day she offers to sew my entire wedding dress, or paint a picture of Garrett and I, or help cook the cake. She's wonderful and always puts a smile on my face!
Chuck is another resident that always puts a smile on my face. He's like the sweetest old man. Such a nice guy. I walk him down to lunch and dinner every day- he sits in his wheelchair and pulls himself a long with his feet and I hold his hand and just chat. Everyday when we get to the dining room he looks at the other caregivers and says, "Table for two please!" When I get a spare minute I like to go sit by him and just chat. He likes to sing me little songs that turn anyday into the best day ever.



Also! Wedding plans are going quite well! I've definitely been making some progress recently! We decided to do all the decorating for the reception ourselves to help stay on budget. We found the GREATEST centerpieces ever! Maybe I'll put up a picture once I get my camera charger back....(Hah! Love ya Tiff). And! We decided to have the reception at our great friend's backyard. It is seriously like the most beautiful yard ever! I couldn't be happier about it. They have beautiful gardens everywhere with fountains and the greenest grass you've ever seen. They are meticulous about their yard. They also have a pretty pool that we'll put floating candles in or something. When I was picturing the whole event, I couldn't help but think of this video that I saw....(no, we will not be getting married in her back yard...but who knows what could happen at a reception...)


That made me laugh!


Anyways, I have a couple more things to do before I head off to work so I best be off! Hopefully I can get another post out before another 10 days has passed.....


Love you!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Kaela

1 comment:

  1. I just love your blog... I love watching how handy you are with all this furniture, you are truely inspiring. I am sorry you have to be apart from your dream boat, but it will all pay off soon! We miss you down here and hope to see you sometime... preferably soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...