Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Husby!



My wonderful husband turned 23 on Monday.
So, of course we had to celebrate!

I may have gotten a little carried away.....


Saturday was also my sister Leah's birthday so we drove to SLC for a combined little party! It was really fun! I made Garrett's favorite dessert: Eclair Pie! Oh it was so so good! And it was really fun to see some fam again. I feel like it had been forever since I've seen them but really it had only been 2 or 3 weeks. We ate lots of good treats and played a mean game of curses and then spoons! Of course it was a blast!



On Sunday we really wanted to hang out with our little church friends group! So I spent way too long making a really yummy cake. 3-layers of delicious chocolate covered in fondant frosting! It took me like 5 hours. Literally. Mmm good! So we had like 5 other couples over for cake, ice-cream, and games! It was a little crowded in our tiny apartment but it was still a blast! We played warewolf (which if you haven't played, oh my call me and we will get together!) and just laughed a lot! As part of my b-day present to G-rett, I decided not to make him take too many pictures....so these are really the only ones I have. But isn't my cake fun? I was really proud of it! It was really fun to make, I was laughing the whole time because it just looks like a little kids drawing. I decided to design it around things that are big in Garrett's life right now/lately. They were: BYU, Australia, and of course ME!




So Monday was Garrett's actual birthday and it also happened to be a holiday so no one had school! Remember that time I just told you that the 12 people in our apartment for cake and games was a little crowded? Well, we decided to throw a little breakfast party for G and a whopping 25 people were in our teensy-tiny apartment at one time! Oh it was hilarious and so packed! But it just proves how loved my cute husband is. I really don't know how we budgeted or pulled off feeding 25 people but everything went off without a hitch! We had cinnamon rolls, donuts, sausage, juice, and breakfast pizza! After everyone left I was exhausted from cooking all morning, but so happy that everything turned out yummy! And it was like a big reunion in our apartment! Definitely worth it!

Then husband and I spent the rest of the day just hanging out, shopping, playing sports, and we saw Red that night at the dollar theater! It was such a great day just relaxing and spending time together!



Happy 23 Baby! It's going to be a great year!
Love you!



Love,
Kaela

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Garrett!
    Kaela, good news, a couple that I'm really good friends with is selling in the same city as you guys this summer, so I think I'm going to come down and say hello for a long weekend! Also, PLEASE tell me you're watching the bachelor! It always reminds me of the red house and how we used to hate vienna!
    xoxo molls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molls! Hooray! I saw on your blog that the big wedding that you had been talking about for weeks was Aaron and his cute wifey! They are in our office for APX and we love them! It'll be great to all get together this summ!
    Also. You're going to be so disappointed that I haven't even seen a single episode of the bachelor...yet! I'm going to catch up one of these days if it's the last thing I do....

    Hope you're loving DC!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...