Monday, March 21, 2011

things learned

Hola Friends and Family,


I'm just chillin here at work, more bored than I even knew was possible.

And since I've already done my homework, written in my journal, caught up on all my favorite decorating blogs, and people watched my eyes out....I thought I'd write a little post.


Sorry I've been so MIA lately. Life has been busy busy. But a really good busy.

I can honestly say that this is the happiest time of my life thus far.


The other day, I was thinking about all the things marriage has taught me. So in honor of today being our 7 monthaversary, here are 7 things that I've learned:

  1. When I got married, I thought I loved as much as humanly possible. But even a short 7 months later, my love has grown so so so so much more. My capacity to love is growing with every second that I serve and spend time with my husband.
  2. Before I got married, people would say, "Marriage is so great, but it's also quite hard at times." And honestly, I never believed them. I imagined that when I got married all my dreams would come true. And they pretty much did! But it still takes work. This past 7 months has forced me to grow quite a bit, and growth takes work and effort and can sometimes be uncomfortable. But we're all better for it in the end. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.
  3. Sleeping! We seriously had such a hard time with this and I have no idea why. The first several months of marriage were filled with pushing and pulling and constant bad nights of sleeep. Luckly, we're past that stage and I sleep so so much better with him by myside.
  4. Being a wife is the greatest job I've ever had! I never knew I would love it as much as I do. I LOOOOVE to cook yummy dinners and experiment with cook books and recipes. I love making our little apartment feel like home. I can't honestly say that I love doing the laundry, but I don't mind it nearly as much as I thought I would. I don't even mind dusting the bookshelf or wiping down the kitchen counters a million times a day. I really like it! Being a wife fits me quite nicely, I'd say.
  5. One of the adjustments that we had to make was learning to make decisons together. I really never expected this, but sometimes Garrett and I have different opionions. Who would have thought?! But communication and compromise are the keys. Taking the time to understand each other has saved us so much frustration.
  6. Having God as a major part of our family is THE most important thing we can do to have a successful marraige. Every night when Garrett and I kneel in prayer to our Heavenly Father, my capacity to love and willingness to serve Garrett grow so much. I am a better wife because of His hand in our marriage.
  7. I admit it, I was seriously baby hungry for the first 6 months of being married. I think it was something about wanting some more big excitement. It was so exciting when G and I started dating, and then 9 months later getting engaged was even more exciting, and then 6 months of wedding planning was exciting, and the wedding day was of course the most exciting. And then real life happens, and it's time to just slow down and be married. And it's really great!!! But I couldn't help but look toward the next big exciting thing in our life. Well, don't worry! I've changed my ways! Baby hunger = gone. The exciting thing is just spending time with my Mr. G. Frame.

And one more for good luck:

8. Remembering to laugh. I am so lucky to have a husband that makes me laugh so hard that I snort everyday. We really have so much fun together and I'm learning that this is what right now is all about. No kids, no careers, no major bills....just me and my love adjusting to life and laughing our way through it all. It's gooooood.

xoxo

Love,
Mrs. Frame

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...