Thursday, May 12, 2011

note to self: read this post weekly.



Halllll-o!

Ya know how we all have our fair share of 'those days?' Those days where everything seems to be going wrong. And you look around you and see all these happy people who are having good days, or even just neutral days, and you wonder why the world is picking on you all of a sudden? (I'm pretty sure we all have those days, but it always appears that we are the only ones.)
Well, yesterday was one of those days for me. And I'm pretty sure the world took it a couple notches too far in it's aim to pick on me. I would make a list of all the things that went wrong or blew up in my face or b-slapped me for no apparent reason (yes, I did just say b-slapped. it was that bad.), but that won't do anyone any good.

Instead, I wanted to write about a little lesson that I learned from yesterday. That lesson was learned thanks to a wonderful husband, a better today, and little thing I like to call lucky bamboo!

Alright people, are you ready for this?
It's cheesy (yet true), so maybe take a minute to prepare yourself.

The moral of the the story (aka: life) is that it always works out in the end. As long as we are truly trying our best to be good people, help and serve those around us, and make a positive difference in the world....TRUST ME, it always works out!

I don't know why I insist on learning this lesson over and over again, day-in and day-out, but I just can't seem to keep my perspective. The minute something un-ideal happens, I can usually be found in a teary-eyed, freaking out, non-sensable state. Really, it's pretty amazing how quickly I can convince myself that the world is ending.

And just when I'm sure that I won't last another minute before my world ends....I get b-slapped one more time...AND THEN it all works out! AND THEN the storm clouds clear and I can see the sun. (Insert here background music. Preferably, "I can see clearly now the rain is gone! I can see all obstacles in my way, gone are the dark clouds that had me blind, it's gonna be bright (bright) bright, sunshiny day!") (For reals though, here's a good link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD5MxYVwkXM)



So, my advice to you would be:
  1. Marry someone who can make you laugh and smile and who brightens your world even on the days where everything seems to be going wrong.
  2. If it's really really one of those days, get yourself to the nearest ikea for a little furniture therapy and some lucky bamboo. Seriously. That dolla-99 will change your world!
  3. Just hold out until tomorrow. Because it will be better. (And if it's not, repeat steps 1-3 as necessary.)



Guys, trust me on this one. It REALLY will work out!


Love you all!



Love,
K-Dizzle


1 comment:

  1. can't miss out on that ice cream cone at ikea either!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...