Friday, November 25, 2011

Food Friday 3

Does anyone fancy a butterbeer?


A few years ago Leah sent me one of the greatest emails of my life!
Subject: We gotta try this!! xoxox
And the body of the message just had one simple link.

When I opened it, I instantly agreed!

I am pleased to feature butterbeer on this lovely f.f.

For those of you who have not read the books and/or are wondering why a little mormon, such as my self, is advertising the the consumption of a beverage who's title includes the word 'beer', let me just start of by saying that there is absolutely zero alcoholic content to this drink.

That being said,
this would be so so fun for you all to make with your families while you are in post-thanksgiving recovery!
It'll tickle your tastebuds to the point of perfection.

SN: Don't be thrown off by the fact that this is a cold beverage. Yes, in the books I think it's pretty clear that it's a warmer drink, but I've yet to find a warm remake that meets my expectations as well as this one does. So give it a chance. And let me know if you find a warm remake that's good.

Butterbeer

Ingredients:
24 ounces of your favorite brand of cream soda
2tsp vanilla butter and nut flavor (you might have to search for this. I haven't found it at walmart, only at smiths/kroger/fred meyers and winco).
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2Tbs powdered sugar

Directions:
  1. Whip whipping cream and powdered sugar briskly with a whisk. You want it to thicken, but still be loose if that makes sense. I find it easier to just put it in a water bottle (specifically the kind that has the squirt top). Then I just shake it vigorously for 3-5 minutes or until it's thickened up. This makes it really easy to squirt, later on. Set aside.
  2. Pour vanilla butter and nut flavor in cream soda container. (The first time I tried this I poured the cream soda in a pitcher, but that made it loose a lot of it's carbonation. So I find it better to just pour the butter/nut favor in the cream soda bottle.
  3. Slowly swirl and rotate the cream soda bottle to softly mix in the butter/nut flavor. If you just use a spoon to mix it it will loose its carbonation, so just mix it softly.
  4. Pour cream soda mixture in each individual cup and top with whipping cream mixture. I just pour this on lightly so it rests on top and gives it a nice froth/foam look.
  5. Serve and enjoy!!!


Oh my gosh, this is seriously so good! I just decided to go to the store and get the ingredients so I can share it with my fam this weekend. Hope you like it!




Love,
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...