Monday, May 14, 2012

my puppy


Dogs' lives are too short; and that is their only fault, really.



It's been a tough weekend for the Enzler fam as we've prepared to say goodbye to our little Taya.


Sometimes she barked too much.
She peed on the carpet here and there.
And every now and then she'd flat out ignore our commands.

But every time we walked through the front door, 
she was there wagging her tail with her favorite toy (or the nearest sock) in her mouth to give us. 
When I came home from college, she'd forgo her usual sleeping spot in my parents room, and cuddle up by my feet all night long. 
She could always tell when I was sad, and I could trust her with all my secrets. 
Of everyone I know, she is by far the best secret keeper!
I can't count the number of times this little pup has put a smile on my face.





I wasn't prepared for how hard this goodbye would be for me.
I knew she was getting old, and so I always gave her extra love when I went home.
But it's still hard. Harder than I expected.
The 12 years we've had together isn't quite cutting it for me right now.
They really become a part of the family, ya know?




Anyways,
Here's to the best dog I've ever had! 
Cheers to you Miss Taya! 
Sure love ya!







Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...