Monday, July 23, 2012

counting down the days!


Well, I think it would be okay if I had this baby now :D
Ya, I think I'm ready.

G should be arriving from St. Louis sometime tomorrow. So if it were up to me, he'd pull in and BAM! labor would start! I've got everything washed, folded, packed, and/or set up. I really don't know what else I can do to be any more ready.

Every morning, one of the first things I see is a big box of diapers and a big box of wipes. If that's not a reality check, I don't know what is.

And can I just say, buying that first box of diapers was like the biggest deal in the world to me. I'm the youngest in my family, so I've never bought diapers. Or picked out diapers for someone else. I don't know if I had ever really even been in that aisle of the store before. And....when it finally happened, it was kinda exhilarating! I just put on my power walk and pushed my cart straight to that diaper aisle. I knew what I wanted, and I grabbed the biggest box they had! I thought to myself, "Well alright then, this is really happening. I'm going to have a baby!" I even took a picture of that big box of diapers sitting there in my cart. In all seriousness, it was monumental. A moment that will go down in the books.

So, I've got my diapers ready. I've got my hospital bag packed (probably with way too much stuff). The house is clean. The laundry is washed, folded, and put away. And G is on his way. I don't know what else to do...except wait.


My due date is still 2 weeks away and I'll probably go late. But a girl can hope! And cross her fingers! And do squats, and lunges, and walk on the curb!

My sister had her baby last Thursday. It's been SO fun going through this whole pregnancy experience with her. I loved having someone to call who knew exactly how uncomfortable I was, and just what I meant when I said that the pressure was so bad that I really thought the baby was going to just fall out of me any second. She didn't judge when I ate non-stop all day long, or when my appetite was gone and I honestly couldn't eat anything. I can't count how many times we called each other up and said something along the lines of, "______ just happened.....I didn't know that was going to happen. How come nobody told us about that before?!?!" There's a lot of things people don't tell ya.
Anyways, when I got the text that Piper was coming, and coming fast, I kinda teared up a little bit. Mostly because I was so happy for her....but also a little bit because she was done. She was finishing. And I still had 3 weeks to go....maybe even 4. And now I've lost my pregnancy buddy. It's been good to hear all about her labor and first days with Piper-- the hospital stay, nursing, sleeping through the night, doctors appointments, etc- but it's just made me more impatient than ever.


I'm ready to have my husband home. I'm ready to have this baby. I'm ready to find out if it's a boy or a girl!


Yes, I know there are things I'm going to miss. I do love feeling and seeing this little babe kick and squirm inside me. I really like the little conversations we have, and imagining all the things we're going to do together. I really really like that I can lean back on the couch and rest my cereal or ice cream bowl on my tummy....I'm really going to miss that! I know I'm going to miss this time that I have, just me and baby. And taking a nap any time I want....I doubt that'll be the case in a few weeks. I've loved being able to tell Garrett when baby is dancing, or when I'm having contractions, and see his face light up. Laying down at night and looking at my bare belly.....it's been so fun to slowly realize that there's a little person inside there. My son or daughter. It's been so exciting to go through all of this with Garrett. Even though some times were pretty sucky. I'll always treasure this time with him....soaking up all these 'firsts' and 'lasts'. First time hearing the heart beat, first time feeling baby kick, first time someone could tell we were expecting, first time buying diapers....and our last days of non-parenthood....ever! It's really brought us closer than I ever thought was possible. And I'm so excited for the many more 'firsts' we have in store!




Alright, this is getting way long.
In short, I'd just like to have this baby soon.
But if not, that's cool too. It's not like I have any control over it anyways, right?!
...But seriously, if you guys have any tips....let me know!!


I'll keep ya posted :)



xoxo

Love,
K









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...