Saturday, August 04, 2012

[late night thoughts of a pregnant woman]


My due date is in 3 days. Technically, it's really only 2 days since this year was leap year and all the due date calculators don't account for that extra day in february. And I'll tell you what, I will not be having any extra days sneaking into my pregnancy. No sir, I will not.


Today I found a spider in our apartment. A big one. I even screamed, which is very uncharacteristic of me. But it was big. And husband jumped up to save the day. But in the end, the day couldn't be saved. That durn spider got away. Husband tried to play it off by crumpling up some toilet paper and flushing it down the toilet, pretending that the spider had met his doom. And oh, how I wish I had been gullible enough to believe him. But I saw through his lies, and now I have to try to fall asleep knowing that that huge spider is somewhere under our bed, just waiting to seek revenge. Also, now that I think about it, it totally looked poisonous.


In the last 3 days, I swear my belly has tripled in size. Husband even agrees. Multiple times a day these words are said, "It's like there's really a full sized baby in there!" Also sometimes it (being my belly) takes a rather square-ish shape. Which is actually really awkward.


Even though my due date is right around the corner, we're pretty sure that this lil babe is going to stay in my belly for awhile longer. But when I tear up because I don't think I can survive one more second husband says things like, "Probably tomorrow's the day, babe!" And we nod our heads, and smile thinking that tomorrow we'll get to meet this little one. But really, deep down, we're pretty sure that that dang timer isn't quite ready to ding. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...