Monday, October 08, 2012

blessing



My little Rae Kae was blessed two sunday's ago. It was a really special day for all of us. Leading up to the blessing, I guess I didn't really think about it very much. I was excited for all of our family to come to town to love on my little girl. But I guess I just didn't comprehend how special of a day it would be for me.

I woke up at about 6 that morning to feed Rae.
When she was done, I figured I'd get a head start on getting ready so I jumped in the shower.
When I was done I gave baby girl a bath.
Then did my hair and make up.
Then ate some breakfast.
Got dressed.
Fed Rae again.
And finally got baby girl dressed and ready to go.


The whole morning I was feeling like I had a head start on things. But I still ended up having to race to church. Isn't that just how it goes with a baby though?

So when I finally got there and looked down at my baby girl all dressed up for the first time, I was completely awe-struck at how beautiful she was. Happiness just filled my whole body.


After giving a few hugs to family members, Garrett sat down and pulled me in close.
We just looked at Raegan and smiled. She was literally the most beautiful thing I had ever seen in my entire life. And I was happier than I had ever been. I had my most favorite person beside me, and my perfect baby girl in my arms. It was as perfect as it gets.



Garrett performed the blessing and did a beautiful job. I cried the whole time. My little niece, Tayler, not knowing that I was crying happy tears, scooted next to me during the prayer and laid her head on my shoulder and held my hand. It was very sweet. During the blessing I was so overcome with happiness. I felt so lucky that Heavenly Father blessed me with this perfect little soul to take care of. I am so grateful for my little family.






Afterwards we all went back to G's grandma's house and ate good food, laughed together, and stared at Raegan. One of my favorite things in the world is watching her get loved on by all her family. Nobody could get enough of her. Her aunts and uncles practically timed each other as they took turns holding her. She fell asleep instantly in the comfort of her grandma's and great-grandma's arms. And her grandpas got more smiles out of her than anyone else could. This little girl of mine sure is loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...