Friday, November 02, 2012

warning: I'm drugged


So. In the last 5 minutes I've written 6 intro's to this blog post. It's not because I have something big or important to write about. I just can't get my words straight.
I'm thinking that it's probably due to all the drugs that I'm hyped up on right now.
This Mama had surgery on Wednesday.
I had two breast-lumps removed. One from each side.
The doctors called it a lumpectomy, which kind of sounds like a word that I would make up to describe the procedure, but it's actually the correct medical term.
The lumps weren't super sketchy, but I just didn't feel comfortable having weird lumps in my body. Ya know? They're being biopsied anyways to make sure that I don't have cancer or anything.

I've been really blessed this week with lots of help from my moms. I was supposed to have this surgery last Friday but at the last minute it got moved to Wednesday. I'm so glad that my mom still came to hang out and play for a few days. She had to fly out on Wednesday, so G's mom showed up to take care of Rae while I've been out of it. It's been the best to get to spend time with both of them. Rae has been in total heaven! And we would have been a total mess if G's mom weren't here. I've been either sleeping or throwing up, and G's been so busy with homework and tests; I don't know how we would have taken care of Rae. Luckily I've been able to rest without even a single worry for her. She was in such good hands with her Grandma!


I'm starting to feel a bit better though. Mostly I just feel loopy. I feel like I can't have a normal conversation...my brain just jumps from topic to topic and I can't focus. So if I've talked to or texted you in the past few days, sorry if I was all over the place. Hopefully this post even makes sense....


Garrett did get some lovely footage of me before and after my surgery. I have very little recollection of any of it. Maybe someday I'll post it so we can all get a good laugh.


Alright.
That's all I can think of.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...