Thursday, December 20, 2012

the FIFTH date of Christmas!



Even before Thanksgiving, G and I decided that we wanted to throw a Christmas party this year!

Part of it was that we wanted an excuse to see all our friends together, and part of it was that I was getting a little burnt out and I wanted to do something exciting and maybe a little challenging....but not too challenging that I would be overwhelmed.

During the planning process, I realized that I have way too much time on my hands. But! The beauty of that is that everything went off without a hitch because I was totally prepared.

Of course I had all these things planned for food, decorations, games, etc....and not even half of them got done. But it ended up being the perfect amount of everything.

We had a crepe and fondue bar! And a hot chocolate bar with homemade hot chocolate!

Since it was mostly long lost friends from high school, we were all content just hanging out and catching up. We did have an intense gift-exchange, and I think we all left with something awesome!

The best part was just looking around at all these friends from high school and seeing how we had all grown up. There were husbands and wives added to group, a few babies, and a few more babies on the way. We talked about college, graduating, grad school, future jobs, and our plans to jump into the real world pretty soon. And we were constantly laughing.

And it was just really fun sitting next to G and remembering when we were just good friends in high school. I must have thought like 80 times about how glad I am to be his wife. Back in high school, when we were just friends, I never would have imagined that 6 years later I'd be sitting there with all these same good friends, but this time as Garrett's wife. I'm pretty dang happy with the way things turned out!


I guess I can't speak for everyone else, but I thought it was a big success!


I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but here's a few candids from throughout the night. Also, hot chocolate recipe found here. And crepe recipe found here!












xoxo

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...