Monday, January 28, 2013

5 months


My baby girl is 5 months old.

People ask us how our life has changed or how our life is different from how it was before we had her.

Honestly, I don't really know how to answer that question. It's SO different, in so many ways. But I don't know how to explain it. Ya know how, when you get married, it kinda feels like you've been married forever? It's the same with Rae. It feels like she's been here forever.

I honestly don't really remember what it was like before she was here. I remember things like, full nights of sleep, running errands whenever I wanted, and eating dinner at my own pace. I remember going to school, showering whenever I wanted, and that laundry wasn't a life-or-death priority. I know it sounds weird, but it just feels like a lifetime ago.

Rae is my life now. She's all I do. All day, every day pretty much revolves around her and her Dad. I make sure to fit in me-time as much as possible, but  I don't run my life anymore. She does. Sometimes I pretend that I call the shots, but I'm not really fooling anyone. I can plan my day down to the second, but one hick-up from Rae and it all hits the fan.

But here's the thing. I'm okay with that. It's everything I've ever wanted. It's hard. But it's perfect.








Love,
K



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...