Friday, January 04, 2013

pregnancy/birth story book!


The past few days I decided to buckle down and finally make Rae's birth story book. Once I started the project, I couldn't make myself stop. Every time she napped, I was glued to the computer trying to get as much done as possible in my small window of free time. Needless to say, the dishes and laundry are feeling quite neglected right about now.

But I finally finished! And I just wanted to share a few of my favorite pages and put in one more plug for birth story photography! Jalene is not only one of my greatest friends, but she's also one of the best photographers out there. The girl's got some serious talent! The photographs of Rae's birth are treasures of mine. I still can't look at them without tearing up and experiencing that same flood of happiness that I felt at her birth, all over again. And I'm so grateful to have pictures with Garrett, instead of him being behind the camera the whole time. Some of my very favorite pictures are of the love and tenderness that we shared as we became parents together.

Anyways, I just wanted to throw that out there one last time, for any of you who think it might not be for you or who aren't sure it's worth it. IT IS! You won't regret it. And having pictures to document one of the very best days of your entire life...meeting your sweet little one....they're priceless!


















3 comments:

  1. Kaela, this is SO cute! Did you design the book? Or did you use a template? If so, where? You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna! Its a template from Shutterfly. But they let you totally customize it so it fits your needs perfectly. Mine just came in the mail and I'm very pleased with the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaela this is so so so freakin adorable! Like I am so in love with it! Your family is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...