Thursday, February 28, 2013

ATLANTA



At the beginning of the month, G had the opportunity to head over to the Dominican Republic for a quick Civil Engineering study abroad. So instead of hanging out in freezing cold Utah all by ourselves, Rae and I did a hop-skip-and-a-jump over to Atlanta where my sister and her beautiful family live!

The trip was a total blast! It was Rae's first time meeting her Aunt Tiffini, Uncle John, cousin Colston, and cousin Piper who is only 3 weeks older than her! To be honest, she was a bit out of her element with all the new faces and missing her Dad, so she was kind of a total cry baby the whole time. This video is a pretty good representation of the trip:



Pip and Rae from Kaela Frame on Vimeo.

My favorite part of the trip was seeing Colst, Pip, and Rae play. Even though they are all pretty young, it was so fun to see them all together. The whole time, T and I talked about how much fun we had growing up with our cousins, and how we want that same thing for our kids!

Past visits with Tiffini and John looked quite different from this trip. Gone are the days are of spontaneity and all-day shopping. Even a mani-pedi outing had to be planned down to the second. That being said, I wouldn't change a single thing about how it all went down. Our days were filled with bottles, diapers, baby-cuddles, chatting during nap-time, and singing 'you are my sunshine' over and over. We made fools of ourselves trying to get smiles and giggles out of the girls, and we rode around the house on Colstons little trike too many times to count. We took hundreds of pictures, and probably got more funny, un-usable ones than actual print-worthy pictures; but that's okay, because we were constantly laughing at the interactions of these three cousins. Piper sat content and aware. Raegan cried anytime anyone looked at her. And everything Colston did melted my heart. We did make it out of the house at least once a day, which I consider a huge success! And if we weren't already, we are now masters of shopping quickly! We've got a schedule to keep with these three littles! Each night, after the kids went to bed, we ate delicious food and laughed about that particular day's happenings. There wasn't a single moment the whole trip that was anything less than happy.











 I loved getting to spend time with my cute niece and nephew! I loved laughing and chatting and watching my sister be such a great mommy to her beautiful kids. I loved seeing Rae dance around the kitchen in her Aunt Tiffini's arms. I loved the shopping, the food, and borrowing clothes (both for me and for Rae). I loved the little chats in the car. I loved the hectic moments when all three babies were hungry and tired. I loved bath time, with three neked little bums splashing in the water. I loved watching Lion King with Colst, and hearing him point out every animal. I loved watching The Bachelor after the kids went down and before John got home. I loved being Aunt Kaela. I loved seeing my parents as such good grandparents.
I loved everything about it!








I'm already trying to schedule our next trip out there!



Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...