Tuesday, March 19, 2013

moments

I'm realizing more and more how fast time passes when you have a little one. It's such a cliche topic, but it's the real deal. More than once, I've gone to get Rae up in the morning, and I find in her place a girl that's way too old to be my little baby. Sometimes I hardly recognize her, which ends up being okay because then I get to meet this entirely different person from yesterday. One with more personality and spunk, who has all these new tricks. And I'm always even more in love with this little soul than I was with yesterday's, which I would have never thought possible.

I try to breathe in every moment with this little girl that I can.
We will never have today again.
She will never be this little again.
Each moment, is just that: a moment.
And then it's gone.
And I don't want to miss anything.

So, here are a few moments from this past week that I wanted to document.

This weekend we went to Rexburg to see our family. Poor Rae missed both of her naps on Saturday and she was just totally pooped. At one point she was so worked up, and even though she was so tired, she couldn't calm down enough to fall asleep. So I laid down with her in our bed and tried to help her fall asleep. After squirming and whining for a few seconds, she reached out and grabbed my hand. Instantly she stopped crying, her breath evened out, she finally relaxed, and she fell right to sleep. It doesn't seem like much, but it was one of those moments that make it all worth it. I love being Raegan's Mommy. I love being the one that she needs. I couldn't bring myself to pull my hand away so I took a nap right along side her. 

One of the best parts about having kids is experiencing the world again through their eyes. Last week we took Rae swimming for the first time. She's always been a big fan of the bath, so we figured she'd like the pool. But I don't think either of us expected her to love it as much as she did! She was splashing and kicking and making herself float the whole time. She kept trying to swim out of my arms! I just held her while she giggled and squealed! Seeing that pure joy on her little face was enough to keep me happy for the rest of my life! 

Rae and I have a little dance party almost every single day. She's always loved music, and dancing around the room is one of the surest ways to get her to giggle! I don't know what it was about this particular dance party, but it was especially fun! We danced to the "50's Rock 'n' Roll" Pandora station and we were both feelin it! Even when she's all grown up, I think I'll often come back to these little dance parties that we've had. They make up some of my favorite moments.

Last Thursday was particularly warm. So, during our afternoon wake-time, we walked ourselves to the park a few blocks away. Rae just sat, with the grass tickling her toes, watching all the little kids running and playing. And I just sat, watching her. She was fascinated, and I was too. I couldn't help but count my blessings that I get to see her see the world. I love seeing her learn more and more every day. 

Few things bring me more joy than watching my two top loves together. I don't even have a good explanation for it. I could watch them play all day long. Nothing warms my heart quite like seeing Rae laughing in her Daddy's arms. 


Life is pretty good around here.

Love,
K

1 comment:

  1. you are an adorable mother-- just like I always knew you would be!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...