Tuesday, March 12, 2013

want-wear-need-feed-2



WANT- Ya, I want a house. Someday. It doesn't have to be huge and stunning like this one, but if that's an option anytime soon, I'll take it! Mostly I just want a place that's really mine. A place that I'm allowed to put as many nail holes in the wall as I want, where I can paint the walls funky colors and maybe even try out a chalkboard wall! Just a place that has some decent storage would be soooo nice! And a backyard? Heaven!

WEAR- I recently snagged Rae a couple of these adorable headbands! I'm in love!

NEED- I'm really needing a trip out to little ol' Kansas to visit Leah, Chase, and my cutie nephews. Plus, they haven't even met Rae yet. It's a travesty.

FEED- This sunday I fed my family the most delicious Chicken Noodle Soup. It went a little something like this:

Chicken Noodle Soup
(recipe adapted from food network)
Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 3/4 cup frozen peas.
  • 3/4 cup edamame.
  • 3 pinches dried thyme
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 4 cans chicken broth (15oz each)
  • 1/2 pound noodles (I used penne because that's all I had. They worked but they aren't the ideal soup noodle)
  • Chicken- I used about half of a rotisserie chicken, cut up (about 1.5- 2 cups of chicken)
  • kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • a few pinches dried parsley, to taste
Directions
  1. Place a soup pot over medium heat and coat with EVOO. Add garlic, carrots, peas, edamame, thyme, and bay leaf. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes, until vegetables are softened but not browned (this part smells amazing!).
  2. During this time, begin boiling noodles, until barely tender. They will soften a little more once they are added to soup at the end, so make sure they are just a tad underdone.
  3. Once vegetable mixture is ready, add chicken broth, chicken, and (drained) noodles. Allow to boil for 2-4 minutes to heat up chicken and really allow flavors to seep in. 
  4. Before eating, season with salt, pepper and parsley to taste. Remove and discard bay leaf. Feeds 6 (or 2, with a nice amount of leftovers!)!
Secret tip: I learned this at a church meal a few years ago, but chicken noodle soup tastes amazing over mashed potatoes! We just boiled up some instant potatoes and plopped a scoop on the bottom of our bowl and then topped it with soup. It makes the soup super creamy and it adds a really fun texture and flavor. Try it! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...