Monday, March 25, 2013

wwRf 4


WANT: A pretty kitchen table! Preferably this one: from crate and barrel. With these chairs, and this bench! Or something like that...

WEAR: There's like a million cute swim suits out there right now, but they're all a million dollars! Anyone found any cute/cheap ones recently?! Help a sista out!

NEED: Can't think of anything. Needs are met. Doing pretty good around here :)
READ: Last week I checked out this book from the library. I didn't go there looking for it, but when I was in the parenting section, it looked pretty used and popular so I thought I'd try it out. Oh man, I loved it!!! I think I agreed with 95% of the ideas it taught. Seriously, I really loved it! It's sitting in my amazon shopping cart as we type/read.

FEED: This week I fed my family one of my top favorite meals!!! Delicious, fast, and healthy.Trust me on this one... you won't regret it!!!

Flank Steak with Chimicurri Dressing
adapted from Epicurious.com

Ingredients
1 large bunch fresh italian parsley
2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1-1.5 pound flank steak
8 ounces baby spinach
1 container small fresh mozzarella balls, drained (12 oz) (found in deli/fresh cheese section)

Preparation
Prepare grill or oven for broil (we don't have a grill, so we broiled our steak which may or may not have set the fire alarm off twice. But the meat turned out perfect!).
Combine parsley (stems on), oregano, and garlic in processor (or magic bullet); blend 10 seconds. Add 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce; blend until almost smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill or broil to desired doneness. About 5 minutes per side for medium (but this depends on the thickness of your steak). Once done, let rest for 5 minutes before slicing to maintain juices.
Meanwhile, toss greens and mozzarella in large bowl with some dressing.
Thinly slice steak across grain on slight diagonal. Arrange steak atop greens. Drizzle with remaining dressing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...