Monday, April 29, 2013

9 random things that are on my mind.

1. I feel like my little girl has grown up so much while here in Hawaii. I don't know what it is, but there's something about vacations that makes her want to step it up a notch in the 'growing up' department. Example: About a week before we got here, she started crawling. I was secretly hoping she would hold off another month until we were unpacked in Phoenix. She started off slow, going a few feet and then stopping to rest, but just since we got here, she's really picked it up. She can go from room to room, or toy to toy. If she sees something she wants, she's there. I can't really complain, because it's so fun watching her learn new things and play by herself, but I am not looking forward to packing up this week with a little crawler who already gets into everything.

2. Did I ever tell you that I found a place for us to live in Phoenix?! It's a cute condo that was just built 2 or 3 years ago. My biggest priorities were safety and bug-control :) And this place passed with flying colors! It's in an awesome neighborhood with a pool and a courtyard and a lot of fun things to do. Also, theres killer shopping nearby! Booyah! Also, it's a good thing we didn't try to sign a contract from Utah, without seeing it in person first, because the top 4 places on my list were all AWFUL and dirty and like $200 a month more than what we found. With our apartment all figured out, I'm starting to really get excited to just get there and settle into our new home.

3. Today our prospective replacement tenants for our apartment in Provo backed out. This is the 3rd time this has happened. So if you know of anyone looking for a place to live in Provo, LET ME KNOW!

4. Going on vacation with a baby is hard. My day is literally exactly the same, except I'm now in a muuuuuch prettier environment. Though there's a beautiful beach nearby, my day still revolves around bottles, diapers, puréed sweet potatoes, and nap time. It's definitely not like it used to be when I could just sun bathe for hours and hours and swim in the ocean whenever I pleased. For the first 5 days I was here, I think I sat in the sun for less than an hour total. The rest of my time was spent indoors or in the shade with my hungry or tired, and very pale baby. It was still awesome.... just different.

5. At this very moment, Garrett is scuba diving with 17-foot wide manta rays. SEVENTEEN FEET! It was his graduation present, which is totally rad. But that means that I am currently sitting at the house with Rae, all by myself. Which is fine, except that I'm like totally a major scaredy cat. I don't think I've stopped singing primary hymns since he left 3 hours ago. Which is silly because its not like the murderer is going to decide not to kill me just because he hears me singing "I love to see the temple."  Luckily I have this sunset to make me feel better:
No filter. Didn't even get up from my seat where I'm typing to take this. 

6. I've posted all my favorite pictures from this trip on Instagram, so I'm pretty sure when I write about it all after I get home, it's going to be super boring since everyone has already seen the best pictures.

7. Lately my mind is all about design and decorating. Someday I'd like to do an interior design program. And someday I'd just like to have a million dollars just to spend on furniture and decorating alone. And someday I'd like to have my own home to paint and decorate how I please.

8. Anytime I think about leaving all our good friend in provo, I literally tear up. I'm feeling so blessed to have spent the last few years in such good company. Does anyone know if Arizona people are cool??! Because they sure have some big shoes to fill.

9. You know that G Frame? I'm kind of head over heals in love with him! Like, I'm totally crushing on the kid. And it's pretty awesome to be here in Hawaii with him, with no school or work or responsibility to think about. He's my best friend. And my soul mate. And there's no one I'd rather be here with.


That's all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...