Monday, May 20, 2013

Raegan Kae


Rae has officially been outside of me for longer than she was inside of me. That might sound weird, but it was a huge milestone for me. Trust me, this 9.5 months was waaaaay more fun than that 9.5 months.

It's crazy to see how much she's grown. Her newest cousin, little Charlie James was born this past week. We got to face time with him and I couldn't believe how tiny and beautiful he is. I remember so vividly when Rae was that small...it doesn't feel like that long ago at all. Because it wasn't. But I look at her now and she's crawling everywhere and into everything and her little personality is my favorite! Sometimes I'm so sad that she's growing up so fast, but each new stage is so much fun that it makes it all okay. She really is my pride and joy. Multiple times each day, my heart swells so big it feels like it's going to burst because I just love that little girl so dang much.


So....a few things I wanted to remember about my baby Rae at 9.5 months:

  • She's crawling everywhere, and has been for awhile. She pulls herself up on furniture and scoots along them. 
  • She plays very well by herself, but every 10 minutes or so, she'll stop what she's doing to crawl over to me. Usually she'll just touch my leg or hand and give me a huge smile. Then she goes right back to playing on her own. It's just like a quick check-in with mommy and it melts my heart every time.
  • In the past couple of weeks she's started to really play. Like, instead of just analyzing her toys, she's really playing with them. The other day she wrestled a pillow, by herself, for a good 25 minutes. She was giggling and squealing the whole time and I wish I had gotten it on camera because it was so cute. He favorite is playing with her daddy. They are so cute together!
  • She loves to read! She is busy busy busy all day long, but as soon as I pull out a book, she crawls over to me and relaxes her whole body into mine to listen to me read and watch the pages turn. We read books at least three times a day. I think it's both of our favorite part of the day.
  • She takes after her Momma in that she looooves stuffed animals. Usually, after she sees me pull out a book, she looks for the closest stuffed animal, crawls over to it, grabs it, and brings it to me to read with us. She already has way too many stuffed animals and if she could, I think she would sleep with them all! 
  • Her personality is showing more and more these days, which is so fun! But with that has come this little attitude that kills me every time. It's so hard for me not to laugh when she get's upset about something. Within half a second, she can go from happy and laughing to hysterically crying with tears pouring down her face. And I still think her pouty face is the cutest thing ever. 
  • She does not like holding hands. With anybody. One of the first things people do when they see a baby, is put their finger out for the baby to hold. Well, Rae will not do it. Under no circumstances will she hold anyone else's hand except mine or G's on occasion. And not only does she refuse to hold their hand, but when they barely touch her, she yanks her hand away like the biggest sassy-pants. 
  • The girl can eat. She's wearing 12-18 month clothes and some of them fit a little too snugly. The other day for breakfast she ate an entire scrabbled egg, half of a string cheese, half a piece of toast, 8 grapes, a handful of raisins, half a container of yogurt, some applesauce, and then she washed it all down with a 4oz bottle. And it all goes straight to her chunky-monkey thighs, which I can't help but tickle and squeeze and munch on all day long! 
  • She loves to wave, shake her head back and forth, and play peek-a-boo with strangers. She's warming up to other people which is a huge relief!
  • Just this past week she started dancing by herself! I knew those daily dance parties would pay off! G and I were watching the office, and the theme song came on, and she started bouncing up and down and bobbing/shaking her head. It was the funniest thing ever! She is literally the highlight of our day, every single day. 
  • Her top favorite toys (even above stuffed animals) are 1) power cords. 2) plastic bags. 3) our shoes. So......that's not very fun. 
  • When we laugh at something, even if she's off doing her own thing, she always starts giggling and squealing along with us. Yesterday we were eating dinner with company and any time we laughed, Rae would burst out laughing too. 
  • She's just started giving us kisses. If I'm holding her and I say "kiss, kiss" She stops what she's doing and gets a very serious look on her face. Then she opens her mouth so wide and plants a big slobbery one right on my mouth. And then she goes right back to playing. 
I could go on and on and on, and I kind of did, but each and every day is just so much fun with my little love. She is my best friend, and I'm so lucky to be her mommy. 

A few recent pictures that made me smile:






Love,
K


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...