Monday, July 01, 2013

last first kiss


4 years ago, G and I had our first kiss.

I can't help but giggle as I remember it, partly because it was the best and partly because it was so funny and slightly embarrassing.

On our first date after his mission, G took me to this cute little bench in the middle of a neighborhood that he had found. Before going we stopped at the store and picked up tons of candy and snacks that he hadn't had for two years while in Australia. We ate and talked and laughed on that bench for hours, long into the night. He didn't kiss me, which was good...because while it wasn't technically our first date, it also kind of was. And we had so much fun catching up and getting to know each other again. But we did bring a bag of hersey's chocolate kisses with us....which will come into play a little later.

So, fast forward a few days (to four years ago). My family was in a little summer softball league so we went to watch their game, and then headed over to my brothers house for cake and ice cream for my other brother's birthday. That was also the night that my sister announced that she was expecting her first baby! I know....a birthday, a baby, and a first kiss.....July 1st is a pretty awesome day!!! After hanging out for a while, we decided to head out, and planned on going back to our little bench. My brother asked where we were headed and I casually, without even thinking, said, "Oh, Garrett's going to take me to this cool spot...." I made it sound so much worse than it was....like we were headed to a total make-out spot, which I guess it technically became. But at the time it wasn't one. My whole family just stared at us and Garrett about died. We still laugh about that.

Anyways, we went and just talked for awhile. We had already established that we liked each other and wanted to give things a shot...so I was hoping he would kiss me.
Finally after way too long, he goes, "So.........we have a problem...."
Just from the way he said it, I knew he was about to give me a cheesy line.
It took everything in me not to roll my eyes or start laughing.
With as little sarcasm as possible, I said, "Oh no....what's that?!"
"Well...last time we were here, I had chocolate kisses for you. And this time, I don't have any."
It was even cheesier than I expected, but of course I totally loved it and played right along, "Oh no, what are we going to do....?"

And then he kissed me.


And then I said, "Good job."
Ridiculous! Good job? For what? Kissing me? Oh gosh, make it stop. 

He didn't even hide his eye-roll. And then he kissed me again.
And then a few more times.


And it was the best. And my favorite. And I didn't know it at the time, but that was my last first kiss. 4 years ago today.....so much happiness has happened since then.

our bench. taken at the end of the summer before moving away to our separate schools.
Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...