Thursday, August 15, 2013

ID with the Frames

Guys, I'm not done writing about Idaho. I know, I know. Blogging 101 gives a big fatty "no, no!" to ten thousand posts about one event/vacation. But you'll just have to bear with me a little bit longer. Maybe it's hitting me that I live really far away from everyone, or that Idaho is no longer 'home' to the Enzler's, or that I know it's going to be awhile before I get to see some family again. Whatever it is, forgive me for over-blogging the h-e-double-hockey-sticks out of this trip.

the view from the frame's home
I am so lucky that both mine and G's family have lived so close all this time. Our parent's houses are literally a 5 minute drive from each others. At the beginning of our marriage, it was stressful to share every holiday with both families and I always worried about keeping everyone happy. But once we figured out a good system, it's been so amazing to be able to see both of our families so much. Now I'm devastated that we won't be able to see both families when we visit.

When it comes to in-laws, I am the luckiest. And I'm not even saying this because I know they read my blog (....hi denise!). It felt weird for me to even call them my 'in-laws' right there....because that doesn't seem to give it justice. They really are my family now and I feel so at home with them. I was just as excited to spend time with them as I was with my own family.

Every time we walk through their front door, we get full-blown cheers! I know it's just for Rae....but it still makes me smile every time it happens. There isn't a moment that we are there when Rae isn't being fully entertained....there are perks to being the first grandchild I tell ya. There were multiple times where Rae was sitting the middle of a huge pile of beanie babies with Grandma, Grandpa, Nathan and Davis all surrounding her.

And can we talk about Rae's pony for a second? The story goes like this: Last Christmas, Craig had given Denise a quick pep-talk about not going overboard on presents for Rae, their first and only grandchild at the time. Shortly after, he made a quick trip to Home Depot to pick up some tools......and he came home with a pony for Rae. He's a sucker when it comes to his grandchildren. She was only 4 months at the time, but she still loved that pony....especially when it would rock, wiggle it's tail, and make noises. This trip was the first time that she was really able to really ride it, and she loved it! I couldn't help but put her in her little cowboy boots...what a photo op. She rode that pony every single day we were there.



Being with the Frames is always just a joy. We laugh and chat and it's always good, quality family time. At one point, Rae even fell asleep with Denise......which just proves that she's got the Grandmother's touch....Rae never even falls asleep in my arms anymore. We ate yummy food, climbed the stairs over and over and over, and even got a good shopping trip in with both babies!


i spy with my little eye.....a Rae!

I've said it before, but getting to hold little Charlie was a highlight of the trip! There's just something magical about holding a tiny baby. One day he fell asleep in my arms and I almost cried remembering when Rae was that little. My arms miss holding that handsome boy. And Rae already misses her little cousin!





Oh man, I get emotional just writing all of this. Our families are our greatest blessings and we are anxious to get together again soon. It was really just the best. Medicine for my soul.

Okay okay, I'll give you guys another quick break....and then hopefully finish up the Idaho posts tomorrow :) Thanks for sticking around.

2 comments:

  1. We totally have a little horsy like that one! My boys LOVE it. In fact, one of warren's first words were "yee-haw!" And darling pics of Rae! She looks a lot like Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh....yeehaw?! That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. I gotta teach Rae that one :).
      Also, word on the street is that you're coming to AZ, sista'!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...