Friday, August 09, 2013

ONE YEAR AGO

(all photo's by the extremely talented Jalene, of J. Taylor Photography)

One year ago the most beautiful soul that I've ever met entered my world. Everyday since then has been another one of the best days of my life.

I knew things would change after she came. Mostly I expected it to become harder....less sleep, less patience, less money. And it has. But I never comprehended how much my life would change for the better. Not a day has gone by since she was born, that I haven't felt like my heart would explode from the overflowing love and happiness in it.

One year ago today, I was probably more nervous than excited. I was really excited.....but I was really really nervous. A very real and partly selfish part of me wondered if this was going to be the end of my life. No more sleep, less money, revolving around a baby's schedule, no late nights with friends....etc, etc, etc. And my pregnancy was hard. Many times I wondered, "What was I thinking? Why did I want this?"

And then they placed her on my chest. And Garrett exclaimed, "It's a girl!" with a joy that filled the whole room. And that wasn't the end of my life...(cheesy alert!)...It was the beginning. And I've never looked back. Being her mother is my greatest blessing. And spending every day of the past year with my little doll-baby, her contagious smile and generous kisses, with the most beautiful soul I've ever met....words can't even explain....

when G announced, 'It's a girl!!"

She is my definition of happy. Of beauty. Of love.




Happy Birthday my little Rae. Mommy loves you to the moon and back...twice!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...