Tuesday, September 24, 2013

florida is lucky

Yesterday when Garrett got to work, he was approached for an opportunity to go work in Florida for 2 weeks.....starting today. He quickly called me and our first reaction was "No way, Jose!" But after a minute of weighing pro's and con's, we felt like this was an opportunity we might regret not doing, but probably wouldn't regret if we did do it, it would just be really hard being apart. So, less than 24 hours later, at 5:45 this morning, Rae and I took our favorite Husband/Dad to the airport.

Maybe I'm just really hormonal right now, but I was a bit emotional saying goodbye to him. Such a big chunk of my happiness each day is a result of being with Garrett. And now I have to go (almost) 2 weeks without seeing my favorite guy. That's a long time!! And don't even get me started on Rae Rae. That girl lives for when Daddy is home.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to I'm going to survive, single momin' it until he gets back. My usual go-to in this type of situation is shopping...but doing too much of that would defeat the whole purpose of G going in the first place. So we'll have to figure something else out I guess.

G left work early to spend time with us girls before leaving. We spent our afternoon at a few fun meetings, and walking around Target. Since the last thing we wanted to do was cook, we enjoyed a few in-n-out burgers for Dinner. It was perfect. Then we let Rae stay up extra late reading lots of stories and cuddling with Daddy.



We're only a few hours into his trip (I don't think he's even made it to Florida yet), but we already miss him. If you have any ideas of how Rae and I can distract ourselves until he's back....please share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...