Friday, October 25, 2013

the saturday of all saturdays

Last Saturday was pretty much a dream of a Saturday. I may or may not still be on a slight high from how awesome it all was.

So, for your reading pleasure, I am now going to break the day into 5 awesome factors of awesomeness.

1. Raegan slept in. Which means we all slept in. I ended up waking up on my own, getting ready in the quiet of my own privacy, and eating one of the least soggy bowls of cereal I've had in many moons. I was heading out on a little shopping adventure with my friends, and leaving Raegan in the hands of her Daddy. For a second I contemplated setting out her outfit, leaving some food out for her breakfast, and giving G a little play-by-play of some things that he needed to remember for Rae's morning to have the highest chances of success. But instead I just quietly slipped out the door, remembering that's he's a Dad.....and while Dad's sometimes do things differently than Moms, Rae will still happily survive.

2. So I headed out with my girls, Jennifer and Ashley, and we went to Last Chance. Have you heard of it? Probably not. There's only one in the entire world, and it's basically the Rack of Nordstrom Rack. It.was.amazing. We got there 10 or 15 minutes prior to opening and it was literally like black friday, which is apparently the scene everyday. When it finally opened, I understood why. Toms shoes, Hunter boots, Petunia Picklebottom diaper bags, Kate Spade purses, Sunglasses, Iphone cases, swim suits, loooooots of clothes and shoes......all for very very very cheap. I'm talking high quality stuff here, for pennies compared to what they usually cost. Ya, some things were damaged a little, and some things weren't even worth a penny, but some stuff was like an amazing deal! And I'd go back just for the seriously entertaining people-watching.

3. After Last Chance, we headed over to Oregano's Pizza where we met up with our hubbies and our babies. I feel it's important to note here that Rae showed up in an adorable outfit, matching shoes, and even a bow in her hair. Also, Garrett packed a lunch for Rae since pizza sauce gives her diaper rash. I'm glad I stepped back let him do his thing....he rocked it! Which, p.s. was super hot. We got two Pizzas, both of which were amazing. One literally weighed like 8 pounds...the cheese, it was soooo much cheese! The other was thin crust but still huge! They were both amazing, and I'm feeling full just thinking about them. We topped it off with pazookies!
4. Anyone knows that a saturday can't be considered a success without a nap.....So after pizza we headed home and all crashed into one of the best food-coma-naps ever.

5. After we were all rested, Garrett and I dropped Rae Rae off at her favorite friend's, and went out on a lil date night. Since Rae came along, we have seriously slacked on having intentional alone-time dates...unless you count watching hulu shows after bed-time (which we do count....so). But Garrett's company gave us free tickets to the local NHL game...and we couldn't pass it up. We happily dropped Rae off, and enjoyed ourself an intense evening with the Phoenix Coyotes and the Detroit Red Wings. The game was awesome. It reminded me of going to Capitol games with the whole Enzler clan in the good ol' days! Unfortunately there was only one big fight in the game, which lets be honest, was my favorite part of the night. At the end of the first period, we were down 0-2, but the Coyotes fought for a comeback and ended up winning the game 4-2! Also, let it be known that even though we really missed our girl, going out, just the two of us....it was really really really great.
And that was it. It was gooooooooood! And I'm sure you'll agree with me that that goodness just had to be documented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...