Tuesday, November 26, 2013

rae-isms @ 15 months

I wanted to jot down some little details about Rae at the ripe ol' age of 15-months, some Rae-ism's, if you will. 
  • She had a doctor's appointment last week. She weighs 25lbs and is in the 80th percentile for weight, and 90th percentile for height. Garrett is prepared to be the shortest person in our family :)
  • She's had "Mama" and "Dada" down for many months, but in the last three or four days, she's mixed them up. We're working on straightening it out, but for now she can often be found referring to me as Dada, and Garrett is Mama. Yesterday at church, there was a shortage of deacons to pass the sacrament. So a few minutes after the meeting started, Garrett got up from our back-row seat and walked to the front to help pass. It was quiet, and a member of the bishopric was conducting. Garrett was about half-way up the aisle when Rae took off after him yelling "Mama! Mama! Mama!" I, of course, chased after her…but she's getting fast. By the time I scooped her up and quieted her, a good chunk of the congregation was laughing. 
  • She is talking more and more, always trying to sound out words and copy us. So far, not much is understandable, but we love her jibber-jabber. Blanket sounds like "gluah-lah"….which obviously sounds nothing like 'blanket.' But every time she says it, it sounds exactly the same, so we know what she's trying to say. Also, she's understanding SO much of what we say these days, pretty much everything. Which is just totally awesome and makes our days go much smoother. 
  • I think we're up to 8 teeth….no molars yet. I'm okay with those babies taking their sweet time to make an appearance. 
  • Garrett recently taught Rae to fold her arms. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen….she puts the backs of her hands together and sits quietly during prayers. Yesterday during the opening prayer of sunday school, she was holding her blanket and then looked around to see everyone folding her arms. She quickly dropped her blanket and folded her arms too….and then resumed playing like nothing had happened when the prayer was over. Heart = melted.
  • She's laughing more and more….and it's more of a deep belly laugh. Like instead of just giggling, she cracks up….mostly at her dad. It's really fun!
  • She's gotten really affectionate in the last month. She's never been very cuddly, but lately she's always wanting to sit on us, rest her head on our shoulder, and give us hugs and kisses. She often stops playing to blow me kisses from across the room, or she comes over to me and plops one on my lips. I'm definitely not complaining! 
  • Speaking of kisses, we often find her walking around her room, getting all her stuffed animals and giving them kisses. Over and over. She'll literally spend 20 minutes just finding all her animals and giving them multiple kisses! And then she brings them to us to kiss too.
I know I've said it all a million times before, so I'll spare you guys all my rambling about how great Rae is. About how every day I feel so lucky to be her mom. And how she brings more joy into our lives than we could have ever imagined. I won't tell you about how we dread bedtime because we'll miss her, or how every night without fail, we sneak in her room after she's fast asleep to steal a couple more minutes with our baby girl. I'll save my ramblings about how much she makes us smile and laugh for another time. And how she has me and G totally and completely wrapped around her little finger. I'll spare you the details of how her giggle is the happiest noise I've ever heard, and how her smile is the most contagious thing on this side of the mississippi. Also. I won't write about how she fills my heart with the purest and most concentrated love….in existence. And how being her mother is my greatest blessing. I've said it all a million times, so I'll spare you guys this time ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...