Saturday, November 16, 2013

the monster truck show + some


A few weekends ago, we met up with our good friends at the fair for the afternoon monster truck show (I'm kicking myself because we didn't get a picture of the group all together). I'd never been to a monster truck show, so I didn't really know what to expect, but it was pretty awesome! I definitely enjoyed myself. Luckily our friends are monster truck show experts and came prepared with ear plugs for all of us, which was a life saver. There's no way we would have made it through the show without them.

Rae was a little tired after missing her nap that day, so she just cuddled up to me for the whole show, and I covered her ears with a little stuffed animal we had. She almost fell asleep which made us laugh because it was SO loud and energetic.
I was in heaven with my baby girl cuddled up to my chest!
There's just something about the fair that makes me smile.....and want to take a shower. Walking around to all the booths, listening to the country music, smelling all the fried food, and seeing all the people....it was a perfect Saturday activity!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Also. Just because. Here are some pics from the last time we went to the fair.
2009. We'd been dating for 3 months and it was the day before we left to our separate schools for the beginning of the fall semester. It was kind of a monumental point for our relationship because we weren't sure if we wanted to do the long-distance thing, or just go our separate ways and have it end as just a really great summer, nothing more.
So the fair was possibly our last-hurrah, and we both knew it.
We ate ice-cream potatoes, saw all the animals, and enjoyed all the lights and laughter.
And then we rode the ferris wheel. And he kissed me at the top (and at the bottom and middle too, I'm sure) and we said, "nah, lets not break up. lets keep this thing going." So we did.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...