Wednesday, February 26, 2014

ramblings

It's been an interesting couple of months for us Frames over here.
In November we closed on our house, which was awesome, but also quite stressful and time consuming.
December brought so much traveling along with the hustle and bustle of the holidays. We also painted a ton and then moved into the house that month, which was busy and exhausting and exciting. And we saw so much family, which was really just the best.
January was expected to be a calm month, a month of recovery from the holidays, but instead it was really just as crazy as December. We all got sick that month, and it knocked us out for a solid week plus some. And then we jumped on a couple planes to end the month back in Dallas for a big family wedding.
And now suddenly February is over, and I don't know where it went. Somewhere in there my birthday and valentines day were swallowed up, and a few other big days.
And now we're just a couple days shy of March. March?! When did that happen?

I've been feeling rather bleh lately. I don't know how to describe it. Uninspired, maybe? Hence the disinterest in blogging. I feel like life is just go-go-going and I'm running next to it trying to stay caught up. And I'm looking ahead and it's only going to get crazier for a bit before it even begins to calm down. But really, does life ever calm down? Don't answer that. Really all I want to do is take a nap.


Anyways, today Miss Rae and I went on the most lovely walk. It was seriously just so beautiful. At one point I tried to count all the birds that we could hear chirping, but it was impossible. And a distant owl that resides in our neighborhood was 'who-whooing" in the background. We chased a lizard down a fence-line, and Rae squealed with excitement! And really it was just lovely....I know I already said that, but really, it was. February in Arizona might just be my very favorite. Which is nice because I feel like February in most other places is like my least-favorite. Regardless, I came home feeling all inspired with endorphins flowing and happy to just be me. And also so happy that we are in Arizona. My goodness, it has sure stolen my heart!


And in the spirit of keeping this post random here are a few random pics from our life as of late.

....but really quick, before that.....Do you guys have a Carbon Monoxide detector in your home/apartment/condo/duplex/whereveryoulive? Because if not, go buy one. Right now. I stumbled across this story the other day, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. You can get a carbon monoxide detector for less than $30 dollars at walmart, or home depot, or target. That thirty dollars could have saved this family, and saved those two missionaries from the grief of losing their entire family. Even if you're just in an apartment, or your furnace or water heater is new, still get one! Please.

Okay. Rant=over.

(But seriously, go get one. Today.)

Onward! Random pictures:


And that's all I got!
Later, 'Gator!

3 comments:

  1. Rae is getting so big! She is adorable! We are coming to Arizona at the end of March! Maybe we will see you guys??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya ya we would love that! I need to meet little miss Ivy!

      Delete
  2. Too cute, I love how her room turned out :) And yes, Arizona in the winter is incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...