Monday, March 17, 2014

364 days

In Provo, G and I lived a block away from a fancy new apartment complex. One day last march, as Rae and I were strolling through the neighborhood, we noticed that the doors to the (private) complex pool were propped open. We hurried home and changed as fast as we could. We tried to walk in all casual-like, hoping we wouldn't get kicked out. Only singles were allowed to live in the complex, so pretty sure I stuck out like sore thumb with my baby! But still! We didn't get kicked out, and Rae enjoyed her first ever swim!
That was on March 14, 2013, and her are the pictures to document it:
I don't know how many times we've been swimming since then, but we've gone a lot. This past Thursday, I went to a little playgroup at another apartment complex pool near our house (Holla for swimming outdoors in March!!). Without even thinking, I put Rae in the same swimsuit, though it fit much better this year. We had a blast swimming and playing in the water. It wasn't until later that night that I realized that it was about a year ago that we took Rae swimming for her first time, and in the same suit. A year minus one day to be exact. I couldn't believe how fast time had passed, and how big my girl was! Garrett couldn't believe how bald she was a year ago ;).
These were taken on March 13, 2014:
It's so fun to think about all that has happened in between those two pictures. How many things have changed, and how some things are still the same.
We live in Arizona now, and are no longer students. We got to go home to our own little house this time, instead of a little student apartment. Rae could walk around and play by herself, instead of needing to be held every second. And a year ago she was only 7 months old, and now she's just a few months away from being a big sister!
Thankfully she still has the same squishy cheeks, and the same beautiful eyes! She's still got that little arm roll right above her elbow. And she still loves to be in the water!

Anyways, I'm sure grateful for the past year, and that I get to spend my days with my little love!

2 comments:

  1. How beautifully said, Kaela! I'm so proud of you for who you still are. I'll always have a place for you in my heart <3 Mrs. (Walsh) Henry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means the world to me! Thank you so much!
      p.s. I still can't eat a tic-tac without thinking of you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...