Sunday, March 30, 2014

General Women's Meeting

Last night I had the privilege of attending the first general women's meeting.
My goodness. 
It was good.
Like really really good.
I left feeling enlightened, uplifted, loved, encouraged, and part of something so divine and grand. 
Those feelings will not soon fade.
I am grateful to be part of an organization that reveres, respects, and honors women so beautifully.
I am grateful for, and satisfied with, my role in life, in my family, and in my church. 
I am proud and honored to be a woman. 



Alexa, from this cute blog, is seriously the best and took some quotes from the evening and turned them into these gorgeous printables. This was my favorite quote from the night. She has a few more on her blog up for grabs! Go get them! 


2 comments:

  1. I loved what you said about being satisfied with role in the church, as a mother and as a wife. I try very hard to stay away from all the feminist stuff going on in the church right now, for many reasons. But last week I was reading a few things and realized in no way have I ever felt like less of a child of God or that I didn't matter in the church because I am a woman. Those feelings have never even crossed my mind, and I don't think it is because I am uneducated, brainwashed or scared to question my beliefs. My role is sacred and vital to the work of salvation, and I am grateful for it. I am so blessed to be a woman in the LDS church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto Taryn! Womanhood is such a beautiful thing....it's a privilege, not a setback.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...