Tuesday, April 01, 2014

a long weekend

As I've said before, Garrett is in the middle of taking a night class for a big professional licensing test that he has coming up in a couple weeks. On top of that, it's been a busier time at work, which has resulted in some overtime at the office. So we haven't gotten to see our favorite guy as much as we would have liked these past two months.

So a couple weeks ago, when I was feeling especially drained, G came home to tell me that he had gotten that Friday off at work and we would get to have a long weekend just hanging out together! It was the sweetest thing, and I may or may not have squealed in delight!

We spent our weekend just being together, chatting and laughing, working a bit in the yard, and spending a bit too much on take-out food. Rae was so thrilled to have Daddy home; she followed him around everywhere.

One morning we ventured out on a little walk around our neighborhood. At one point I just had to stop and soak it all in....little Rae pushing her baby in her stroller, walking beside her Daddy whom she just adores, and of course the beautiful weather and blooming flowers. It was one of those 'pinch me' moments. I am so blessed.

Of course the weekend went by way too fast.....and now we are just counting down the days until his test is over! 11 more days!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I hope I get a little girl one day who loves pushing around her baby doll in a stroller :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...