Saturday, April 19, 2014

i spoke too soon

my self portrait for the day. (source)

So, pretty much immediately after I pushed 'publish' on that last post, Rae's temperature spiked up to 103. I can't even describe how grateful I am that it's the weekend so Garrett can be home to take care of us. He's really good at that.

Last night we let Rae sleep in our bed with us, for the first time ever. She was just so sick and clingy, and we couldn't bear to leave her alone in her crib all night. Plus we figured then we could keep an eye on her temperature and we could both benefit from the humidifier. It actually went really well too, not at all like I imagined. She's a pretty still sleeper, and waking up to her little curled-up body next to mine was so sweet. A couple times she woke up sad and just spooned right into my chest, which I didn't mind at all. But for the most part, she slept in the middle with one leg sticking out touching me at all times. I'm certain it won't be a regular thing, but it was kinda fun to cuddle up with our sick girl all night.

As for me, I'm on day SIX of this dang plague, and I'm beyond ready to feel better. I'm honestly forgetting what it feels like to feel normal/ not-sick/ comfortable/ etc. I swear if I could just get one night with a solid dose of niquil, I could kick it. But alas, I cannot.

So in the mean time, you can find me on the couch, with my handy box of kleenex (experiment over. verdict in. kleenex is waaaaaay better than puffs. and cheaper) watching either Daniel Tigers Neighborhood or Once Upon A Time (50/50 chance depending on if Rae is awake).

Crossing my fingers that 1. Garrett doesn't catch it. And 2. that we can regain some level of good-health within the next few days.

Catch ya on the flippidy flop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...