Friday, May 09, 2014

bath-time giggles

So. I can officially add restlessness/insomnia to my list of pregnancy symptoms. I'm not sure if it's the heartburn keeping me up, or the day-dreaming/over-thinking about this little babe in my belly. Either way, here I am. Awake. With only a pile of tums to keep me company.

I'm not complaining though, because I wanted to document the simplest little joy that I had the other day.

Rae's diaper had leaked during the night, so I plopped her in the tub first thing in the morning. I don't know what it was, but for some reason we were both super giggly. Rae couldn't stop laughing, and she ended up staying in the bath way past the point of pruney fingers. I had to snap a couple pictures, and I'm so glad that I did because I was totally able to capture her contagious joy. I mean seriously, are you seeing that smile? Does it get any happier?
I've looked at these pictures a million times in the last few days, just because they make me so happy. That big gap between Rae's top teeth....I love it so much. And the way her eyes light up when she really laughs. Ahhh. It's what life is all about.

That girl, I'll tell ya what. She's pretty great you guys. She's seriously one of the coolest chicks I know. We have so much fun together, me and her and her dad. We can't help but adore everything about her. I don't know that anyone else has brought me so much joy (besides her dad, who brought me her!).  
I am just so gosh-darned overwhelmed with happiness that I get to be her Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...