Sunday, June 29, 2014

third trimester


Well, last week marked 28-weeks and the beginning of my third trimester. My goodness, I'm hoping this trimester goes a little faster than the last, because lately time seems to be inching by.

Can I just say, I think pregnancy is really hard (déjà-vu? click here). I know there's people who have it worse than me, and there's people who have it easier than me, and maybe (probably) I'm just a big wimp about it all....but I think it's really hard. And I wish I wasn't, but I'm slightly ashamed to admit that. I've always said, the only thing harder than being pregnant is not being pregnant when you want to be. It's a miracle, and obviously I know it's worth it (hence the fact that I choose to do it again), but that doesn't mean it's an easy miracle, or that it's all butterflies and rainbows.

I don't know if I'm carrying this baby super low or something, but every move I make comes with shooting pains in my pelvis. Which honestly, has been such a bummer. Even a simple 30-minute walk around the grocery store leaves me pretty much on bed-rest for the rest of the day... just so much pain. The same thing happened right at the end of my pregnancy with Rae, but it wasn't as severe and I was okay handling a couple weeks of discomfort. This time the pelvis pressure started around 24 weeks, and sometimes the thought of being in so much pain for 11 more weeks is a little more than my hormonal self can bear.

Also, can I just bring up the issue of pregnancy being 9 (and a half) long months? I understand that I'm like, literally growing a human inside of me.....but couldn't they have made it like 6 months? I could handle 6 months. I could. But 9 months is just soooooo long. And then, if you count the time it takes to fully recover, it's seriously like being down-and-out for a solid year. This past New Years, I knew I was probably pregnant and I remember having the thought that 2014 would basically consist fully of me growing and recovering from this baby. See ya in 2015 Garrett...

On a more positive note (because I am fully aware that this post is serving as my venting session for the day....#sorrynotsorry), feeling this little one squirm and kick inside me is probably definitely my favorite part of being pregnant. Lately it's been non-stop, and I can't complain. It's such a special little thing that I share with this sweet child of mine. Sometimes I can't help but smile when I'm in a room full of people and I feel a little nudge in my side...and then it's like, me and this little one get to just communicate back and forth with each other, and no one else is even aware of what's happening. I feel like I get a little glimpse into this sweet baby that I haven't even really met yet. It's a big part of the bonding process for me, and I love every second of it.

I'm so grateful for this baby and this pregnancy. So so grateful. And I'm crossing my fingers that I can survive the next 76 days while still managing to be a somewhat decent wife and mother and human being. Yikes. We shall see.

7 comments:

  1. The AZ heat probably does help any either!! I had pelvic pain too! Just right below where my belt would sit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it just submitted by itself! I wasn't finished!! Haha but

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wth??! Lol I went into the chiropractor at about 28 weeks and it helped a lot! Good luck! You look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...that was weird. But yes, I tried a chiropractor last week and it didn't seem to relieve much (though she said my hips were mis-aligned). I have a couple more appointments scheduled so HOPEFULLY it starts working...:)

      Delete
  4. I totally know what you mean. My first two pregnancies were awesome, my third was harder, and my fourth was really hard. Which was hard for me because I thought I loved pregnancy. But for me I get super super super fatigued and just don't do anything plus I gain a TON of weight no matter if I eat healthy or not. Anyways, I also had a lot of pelvic pain and this certain exercise I did helped A TON. You'll need your husband to help you but it should really help (if it's the same type of pain I had...mine was pubic bone pain). My husband is a physical therapist and recommended this exercise, as did my midwife. It made immediate difference, and then when things would go out of place again, the pain would come back, so I'd have my husband help me do it again.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVW7lalrwxE

    http://birthbliss.wordpress.com/2013/04/08/yoga-poses-and-exercises-to-help-ease-pain-from-pubic-symphysis-dysfunction/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for the links! They seem simple enough! I'll definitely be trying them......crossing my fingers!

      Delete
  5. It's true, it really is soooo hard. Giving birth is nothin compared to the 9 looong months leading up to it. Sorry you're in such pain!! I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...