Monday, July 28, 2014

catching up

If you look back through my almost-five-year history (!!!) of blogging you notice that, for some reason, July tends to be my least-posted month. And this year was no different. I mean, how is it almost August?! Do you understand that come this friday, I'll be able to say, "I'm due next month!" Next month, people! Oh my lanta, I'm.......well, I'm really anxious to meet this little one (and be done with pregnancy), but I'm also starting to get a liiiiiitle nervous. Two kids?! Yikes! That's going to change things up a bit, I'm guessing. Am I ready? I honestly have no idea. I thiiiink so. But then Rae does something that throws me for a loop and I'm like, "Oh my gosh, imagine having a newborn right now!" And Garrett and I laugh and cringe at the same time. We'll see I guess.

So. July was definitely a month of travel for this little household of ours. All three (and a half) of us spent the beginning of the month in Idaho with Garrett's family. I have a million pictures to post of Rae and her new best friend, Grandma. I'm telling you, from day one Rae preferred her over me. Boo-boo? Grandma, please. Cuddle-time before bed? Grandma, please. First thing Rae said every morning? Grandma, please! It was the sweetest thing and seriously made my heart so happy. More on this to come, because it obviously deserves it's own post (or two).

Then we came home for a day, and Rae and I jumped on a plane to Atlanta to see my parents and my sister and her family. I don't know why, but at some point Rae forgot to be her sweet self and literally turned into like the most difficult, whiney, and exhausting child...ever. Like really, she was not herself at all and it was pretty tough. But that didn't ruin the trip and we still made the most of it. Spending a couple days with my parents is always such a joy, and then having some quality sister time was like the best ever. Definitely more to come on this, too.

There were a couple other big things that happened in the past month that were definitely blog-worthy, but those deserve their own post too. So I'll save them. Sorry...I guess this is turning into a check-list of things I still need to document...Hah!

All the biggest things on our countdown of events before the baby comes have officially be checked off. So now it's kinda like the final countdown. Seven more weeks, people. Part of me sighs a sigh of relief when I think of that, because we're gettin' there. But another (probably bigger) part of me cringes and wants to cry. It is possible that I'm just a wimp when it comes to pregnancy. And I wonder that almost every day...if I'm just a wimp. But I really don't think I am.

This baby, you guys. I'm so in love. But the amount of physical pain that I'm in every day is really just becoming a lot to handle, if I'm being honest. And the other day I realized that this baby is only getting bigger...and heavier. Which means that the pain I'm feeling from my condition is really only going to get worse. Oh gosh. Maybe say a prayer for me? I can't say enough about how good that G Frame is to me though. It honestly brings tears to my eyes to think about (those dang pregnancy hormones). I'm a lucky one.

And, because I'm a firm believer that every post needs at least one picture, we'll end with this. From last week. Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...