Sunday, July 06, 2014

girls camp!

Girls camp was a couple weeks ago, and I didn't want to let it get away from me before documenting it. I've been working with the young women for three wards in a row now, and I seriously love every second of it. It's a lot of work, but so so much fun!

When I agreed to go to Girls Camp, I'm not sure I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. I'm so so glad I went, because overall it was a great experience and totally worth it! But I was in a lot of pain while I was there. Luckily I had great friends, and the sweetest girls to help take care of me.

This was also my first time leaving Rae....ever. Garrett was able to work from home while Rae napped, and then give her his full attention the rest of the day, so she was in great hands and I didn't worry about her at all!

We camped with the whole Stake at Camp LoMia. It was three days of delicious food, hikes, pranks, crafts, bottle rockets, zip-lining, archery, and some amazing devotionals. My favorite part was definitely seeing these sweet girls grow closer to Christ. It's always a privilege to witness something like that, and I was so glad to be there.
 ^ I just love these people ^
^ the girls showing off the bottle rockets that they built! ^
^ I was a cabin mom, and these were a few of the girls assigned to my cabin! ^
^ the other leaders and I....being photobombed by Bishop Case... :) ^
By the end of camp, I was definitely waddling around like I was going to give birth any second...so coming home to a nice hot bath and a cozy bed was pretty heavenly! Also worth noting...Garrett welcomed me home with a perfectly cleaned house, a bathed and sleeping baby, and a sweet 'welcome home' sign.....he's a good one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...