Thursday, August 07, 2014

4th of July

Forth of July is Garrett's favorite holiday...and he's slowly converting me to it's amazingness (but seriously....nothing beats Christmas. I mean...!). This year we kept it pretty chill and it was perfect. We spent the morning at our Aunt Laura's house swimming and eating delicious food and doing pretty much all things cliche American.

Rae found a little step on the edge of the pool and she pretty much planted herself and her pink sunglasses there for the afternoon. Garrett had a couple close races with his younger cousins...He held his own in the race, but when it came time to recover the poor kid proved that he's not quite the swimming star he was 10 years ago. And in between eating hot dogs and watermelon, I found myself floating around the pool enjoying the bliss of weightlessness and the cool water on my joints. Heaven, I tell ya. Heaven.

We spent the evening at the park down the street from our house watching the fireworks. Rae was a champ and it was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

The day was the definition of a perfect 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...