Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Idaho 2014 (part 1)

I'm officially dubbing this week "Idaho Week" on this here blog. I'm a solid month late in posting and don't want to let it get any further away from me. The Frames came to visit us back in March, and with the craziness of life, I never got around to documenting it. And I refuse to allow any more good memories to be forgotten.

This trip was sort of a last-minute 'we can't stand being apart any longer' type of vacation from Rae's grandparents. Rae and I were there from Tuesday to Tuesday, and Garrett met us there on Thursday and stayed for the weekend. He wasn't about to miss out on all the fun!

There's just something about Idaho that will always have a piece of my heart. Driving down Eagle Rd on our way into town, I can't help but feel butterflies alongside that familiar old feeling of being home. It's such a happy place for me, and I'm so grateful that even though my parents don't live there anymore, that I still get to go 'home' to visit Garrett's family.

I'm pretty sure Idaho has won Rae's heart too! I can't tell you how nice it was to escape the blazing July heat in Arizona, and replace it with the cool, breezy, summer-warmth of Idaho. We spent a solid chunk of time sitting in the front and back yard, letting Rae and Charlie blow bubbles or wander bare-foot in the grass. They jumped on the tramp, chased after the cat, and even took a stroll down the street to say hi to the goats! It was one of my favorite aspects of the trip.

To be continued....


More on our Idaho trip: part 2part 3part 4, and part 5!

1 comment:

  1. I'm reliving every moment! Wonderfully expressive pictures. Can't wait to see and hug you all soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...