Tuesday, August 26, 2014

midnight ramblings

We're nearing 5:30am over here and I've found myself propped in front of the computer with a bowl of cheerio's resting on my belly. Not exactly how I'd like to spend the wee hours of my Tuesday morning....but what can ya do?

Doctor says any day now, which kinda stinks because technically I still have 2.5 weeks until my due date, and watch....I'll probably be overdue. But my belly feels ginormo and the hourly contractions are making me desperate to be done. And also the lack of sleep. But we've got a long road before that aspect of my life see's any relief.

One nice thing about his optimistic prediction is that we're pretty much ready for baby to come anytime. The house stays really clean because I never know when I'm going to be calling friends over to watch Rae while we hurry off to the hospital. And washing dishes between contractions does not sound super fun. Baby clothes and blankets are washed, and the bassinet that my dad made is set up and ready for a sleepy little babe.

We didn't really have a ton to buy this time. Especially since we don't know if it's a boy or girl. With Rae, I swear I had everything I could ever possibly need (and more) lined up and ready to be used at the drop of a hat. This time, I'm like, "meh...we'll just run to the store if we need something..." Right, though? We have a couple diapers, some wipes, a handful of white onesies, and a leftover binky or two from Rae. We should be fine.

In other news. Garrett and I celebrated our 4th anniversary last week. Honestly, we both had to double check to make sure that it had really only been 4 years. It feels like so much longer.....in a good way. I mean, we dated for over a year before we got married, and we were best friends for 3 or 4 years before that. That boy has been a really really big part of my life for such a long time. I can't imagine doing any of this without him by my side.

And have I mentioned lately how good he is to us...me and Rae. I am convinced that there has never been a better husband in the history of ever.

Anyways. We kept the celebrating pretty chill (as we usually do) and found ourselves out to dinner at a simple little cafe, followed by a little stroll through the nearby shopping center and fountains. And then we came home and did our usual routine: story-time and cuddles for Rae, then bedtime, a quick clean-up, and a couple episodes of our latest Netflix series (right now it's House). Of course we reminisced about the past 4 years...and how if, on our wedding day, someone had given us a picture of our life right now....we'd be surprised by a few things, but we'd be happy. We are so blessed, and there's no one I'd rather be blessed beside.
And. That's all my brain's got for you right now. Now that "Anniversary" is officially checked off our countdown....we are officially all clear for baby to show up anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...