Tuesday, August 19, 2014

pregnancy: round 2

As I'm nearing the end of this second pregnancy, I really wanted to jot down a few of my thoughts from this go-around. This might be kind of random, so just bear with me as I spill my thoughts all over the screen.
^I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea to document the process of me gaining 25 pounds....but here it is. Lovely. 

First.
I think we're having a boy.
For the first half of my pregnancy I was 100% convinced that it was a boy, and then I started to question myself. I think I've probably gone back and forth in my guesses a zillion times since then. But now, as I'm nearing the end, I'm having a really hard time picturing it being a little girl (although a sister for Rae would be so fun!). I have absolutely zero preference, and I'll be thrilled beyond words for either. But if I had to guess right now, I'm definitely leaning towards a boy. Also, it should be noted, that everyone and their dog thinks it's a boy as well. I think I've heard of maybe one or two people who think it's a girl, but that's it. Last month in Atlanta, a stranger came up to me at the Aquarium and informed me that I was 100% definitely having a boy. And when I said, "Well, a lot of people seem to think that, so I'll add you to the list!" She replied, "No no, I don't think that. I know it." And then she walked away. So....there ya have it.


My doctor is pretty convinced that this baby will make an early appearance. One or two weeks early, he says. Which, I can't lie, I'd be thrilled about. I told him that really big babies run in both mine and Garrett's family....but he seems pretty sure. Maybe he's just really convincing, but I really feel like this baby will come a little early too. At my last appointment I was already showing quite a lot of progression, and I literally have sporadic contractions all day long. So. We'll see. My guess is that babe will show up during the first week of September.


I never felt baby-hiccups when I was pregnant with Rae...I wondered if I just missed them, but then I literally think she's only gotten them 2 or 3 times in her life, so maybe she really never had them in the womb. Which I was kinda bummed about because everyone says it's kinda cool. But with this baby! They started about a week ago! And I love them! They never last too long...just a minute or two. But it's so fun to call Garrett over and to watch my whole belly rhythmically jump for a bit. Can't wait to see those little hiccups in real life!


Sleeping. See ya never.


Nesting. Dude. I'm like a machine these days! Garrett thinks it's pretty humorous, especially since I can't do much waddling around before I need to take a break. So I work in crazy spurts of efficiency and productivity, and then I'm down-and-out for a time. But my check-lists are gettin' checked and I'm feeling more and more confident about bringing home a baby.


Also. Food. There is not enough of it in this city to satisfy me. My appetite has come and gone throughout this whole pregnancy....but for the most part, I'd say it was gone. So I don't know if my body is like gearing up for labor or just really trying to pack the pounds on this baby before d-day, but I just want to eat. Non-stop.


And on that same note. So. Much. Heartburn.


Garrett. That kid is seriously super-husband. And super-dad. And super-engineer. We wouldn't be surviving without him. On Friday night he sent me out for an awesome prenatal massage, and when I came home, the house was clean and he and Rae were taking their time at the grocery store (checking off my to-do list) so that I could have some alone-time at the house too. That guy. He's seriously amazing. Everyday I'm glad I married him.


So. We're in the final count-down. The mix of emotions I feel at any given point are pretty exhausting.
I'm so so anxious to be done with pregnancy, to not be in so much pain anymore, and to start feeling like myself again.
I can't wait to meet this little babe inside of me. To see if it's a boy or girl, and to fall in love at first sight all over again.
I'm sad to be ending this phase of life where it's just the three of us though. Where Rae gets all of our attention and she's just my little side-kick.
I'm nervous to see how she does with the baby, too. I think she'll have really good moments and really hard moments, where she doesn't want to share mommy and daddy.
I'm pretty terrified to attempt surviving 2 kids by myself while Garrett is at work. Maybe that makes me look like a wimp, but it's going to be an adjustment and I'm not sure how it's all going to work.
I'm excited to watch Garrett get to know this little one. Seeing Daddies and newborns together is such a special little thing, and I get giddy just thinking about it.
I'm really really hoping that my recovery after labor goes a little bit smoother this time. I literally feel nauseous anytime I think about how horrible it was last time. I know it was all kind of a freak-accident, but I'm praying it doesn't happen again.
And I hope that I can remember all the little things I learned when Rae was just a babe. They just eat, sleep, and poop right?!

Round two! Here we come!
I'm laughing at the fact that BabyCenter told me that my baby is the size of a 'large cantaloupe' this week....wish I had thought that one through before writing it. How 'bout, baby is the size of a large watermelon?! Do you see that belly?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...