Monday, August 11, 2014

TWO

Well. My little girl is officially two years old. 

Her birthday was Saturday and we had a great time celebrating all day long.

That morning, ironically, I woke up in similar fashion to the way I woke up on that day exactly two years ago. Large, desperately needing to go to the bathroom, but moving slowly due to the weight of a baby pressing down on my pelvis. It was a little surreal. 

We ate delicious food, opened awesome presents, and even took a field trip to the pet store where Rae picked out two fish to bring home! She named them 'black fishie' and 'orange fishie'.....she's super creative and a little racist, I guess. (This just in: orange fishie is already dead, so.....oops). 

After nap-time, Rae and I whipped up some killer Micky Mouse cupcakes. We ate dinner, and sang Happy Birthday, and Rae blew out her candle. Then Rae and Garrett put on the disney pandora station and danced the night away. That's their latest thing....dancing together. Fast songs mean jumping and stomping and spinning around the room. And slow songs mean that Rae rests her head on Daddy's shoulder as he slowly twirls her around the room (I tear up every time, don't worry)

It was a really really great day. And, of course, a little emotional as I reminisced on the last two years and how happy I am that this sweet girl is ours. As the day progressed, I couldn't help but think back to her actual birth-day. Walking around the block with Garrett, occasionally stopping to breathe through a contraction. Or sitting in the hospital bed, holding Garrett's hand, knowing that our whole lives were about to change. The moment that she was born, and realizing that we had a perfect, beautiful daughter. And especially, remembering back to the look on Garrett's face the first time he held her. It's a look that words will never give justice to. I'll never forget it. It was one of the best days of my life.

Anyways. We took pictures. Obviously. 
^mimi and papa sent rae a whole princess dress-up trunk!
^a new bunny puppet from grandma and grandpa, books, and the cutest cat dress from aunt laren!

So excited (and a little nervous) to see what TWO has in store for this little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...