Thursday, December 11, 2014

falling in love

Falling in love with Garrett was probably the most fun thing I've ever done. It sort of took me by surprise as it was happening, and it was kind of a long, drawn-out process.

But realizing that my heart belonged to him was one of the happiest realizations I've ever had.

He's the only boy I've ever loved, and part of me always wanted to go back and fall in love with him all over again. Honestly, I've always been a little bummed that I can't do that.

I can always play the "I fall more in love every day" card, which is a blast. But it's not the same as going from "he's a'ight" to realizing that you're head over heels, totally and completely in love.

Unconditionally and irrevocably, in the words of our dear Bella.

So. I thought my falling-in-love days were over.

Been there, done that.

.................................................................................

Until I had Rae. And then John.

It's like, the doctor hands you this slimy, screaming little baby,
and all you can think is, "oh hello. i love you."

And you spend the next minute, hour, week, and year falling just so in love it's not even funny.

And before you know it, your heart grows by ten-thousand and you're introduced to a level of love that you never knew even existed.

It's such a privilege, loving someone like that.

It's life-changing, in the very best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...