Saturday, May 30, 2015

this is mushy

So it's almost midnight and I've found myself here. Funny how I haven't been able to muster up the time or energy to visit this blog as much as I'd like to have these past few months, but right now....well, I couldn't not be here.

Garrett and I found ourselves browsing Netflix tonight, looking for something specific, but not quite knowing the specifics of whatever specific thing we wanted.

We happened upon the silliest movie. I don't know that I'd ever heard of it. I couldn't recall the previews...or even most of the actors. I'm actually kinda surprised we stuck with it after we got the gist of the storyline. But we did. It was about love. It wasn't deep at all, or complex, or powerful. It was pretty superficial and elementary and....well, silly.

But at some point in the movie, I found myself looking at my cute husband and just feeling my heart explode with happiness.

What that boy and I have is true love.

I think sometimes I get caught up in the routine of the day, and the millions of things that we have to do, and the thousands of things that I'm trying to remember. And in my attempt to be a good mom, on a budget, with a clean house, and happy children (who have been bathed in the last week), well, I forget to look around and really enjoy the beauty of this sweet little life we live. And probably most of all, I forget to acknowledge that guy beside me, who makes it all possible.

That guy, I'll tell ya what. They don't come any better.

I looked around at our little house. Our green walls that I grumble about on a daily basis (someday we'll finish painting....someday). The mistletoe that hangs year-round. The toys on the floor. And the empty bottles on the counter. The laundry, tumbling in the washing machine.

I was heart-eyes for all of it.

I thought to myself, "Man, he was the best decision I've ever made."

And then I remembered...he really wasn't a decision at all. It wasn't really a conscious choice, falling in love with him. It happened before I could realize it.

I was talking with my mom one day...I think I was a Junior in high school (maybe a senior?), and she said something along the lines of, "Oh Kaela...you're in love with him." Him meaning Garrett. Obviously. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. And then I vividly remember thinking, as I walked away, "Oh my gosh. Do I love him? I don't love him. Oh my gosh. I love him. I am in love with him."

You guys. I love him.

And I know this is mushy. And personal. But at the same time, I can't help but shout it from the rooftops...er, blogtops.

I wandered into Johnny's room. And his sight almost took my breath away. We created that. This precious little boy, with the chubbiest cheeks you've ever seen. And his big sister. That sweet, kind, hilarious little girl.

This is our life. And I love it so so much.

And that husband of mine. Gosh. I just really really really love him. And I'm so glad he's mine forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...