Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Visiting Memories

The last part of our East Coast trip was spent at my Aunt Nancy's house. Growing up, we would drive to her house in New Jersey multiple times a year. It's just one of those places that will always feel like home to me. I think it's been close to 10 years since I've been there, but I don't think I've forgotten a single detail. It's home to so many of my very favorite memories.
I got butterflies when we turned onto her street, and I couldn't restrain a smile as we pulled into her gravel driveway. We walked through the old familiar front door and my heart leapt. We were welcomed by my hilarious Uncle Bill, and a million hugs from cousins and new cousins in-law.
And seafood, you guys! Nobody knows how to do a seafood fest like the Kennedy's! We had Uncle Bill's famous crab cakes, an amazing crab bisque, and more old bay crab legs that we could even manage to eat. Rae ran around while we pulled out the candy and cards and started a long game of May I.
I feel like (warning: i can tell this is going to sound so cheesy, so brace yourself) I was stepping into some of my very favorite memories, but as I write about it now, I see that we were making new favorite memories as well. We laughed and teased and caught up with each other all night. Going to bed that night, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. Not only did I get to step back into one of my favorite places, but I got to bring my little family too, and that was just the icing on the cake.
One of the biggest highlights of the whole trip was when I got to show Garrett and the kids my boardwalk at Jenkinson's Beach. Literally my favorite place in the whole world. It is my definition of happy, and even though it was coooooold, I still loved every single second!
We played ski-ball, checked out the Hermit Crabs (I almost wanted to buy one, just for old times sake), watched the waves, and walked through the rides. At the end, we shared a piece of Joe's pizza, which I've been dreaming (literally) about for years. It was as good as I remembered!

We spent the rest of our time eating the best food, playing games, taking drives, going to more beaches, and sneaking dig deep, rita's ice custards, and skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. And that Aunt Nancy, I'll tell ya what. They don't come aaaaannnnnny better!
Oh my gosh you guys. I can't even tell you what a dream this trip was for me. So magical to be with so many of my favorite people, in my favorite places, doing my favorite things. I am a lucky lucky girl. It is a trip I will remember forever.

Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...