Friday, August 07, 2015

PRESCHOOL

This week Rae started preschool.
Can you believe it?
(I tried to think of some clever way of writing that out....but I just can't. Because I seriously can't get past the fact that we have a kid who's old enough to be in preschool.)

P R E S C H O O L !

I seriously can't even believe it.
How my sweet little tiny baby babe is becoming this grown up little kid...I don't get it.

I can't tell you how many times this week I thought, "It really does go so fast! They always say that....and they are right. My goodness, it goes SO fast."

We did a little preschool camp last week, just to try it out and to see how Rae did, but her first official day was this past Tuesday.

You guys, she loves it.

On her first day of camp, she was excited, but clearly a little nervous. She did great until I gave her a hug and a kiss before leaving. Tears welled up in her eyes and her little chin quivered...she didn't outright cry, but only because she was putting forth so much effort into being brave. I was so proud of her.

Her teacher said it was less than 60 seconds before she was relaxed and having a good time (I'm sure her real life farm animals helped)!

This week, for her official first day, I went in with her, helped her put her school supplies away and hang up her book bag, and then I snapped a quick picture. All the moms were there with their kids, and they were all lingering and taking pictures and giving pep-talks. I thought maybe Rae might have a hard time again...but she literally was like, "Okay, bye mom! BYE mom! BYYEEEEE!!!"

That first day while she was gone, I was literally either giggling or crying, the whole time. Giggling because, holy crap, running errands with just one kid is amazing! Even just being at home with only one kid....the things I got done!!! But then I'd suddenly burst into tears...because how is she not my teeny little baby anymore?! And once their in school, they're ALWAYS in school. Once you send them away, they never come back. Don't even get me started...

It's all rather heartbreaking if you think about it. But at the same time, my goodness am I so excited for her. She comes home so happy every single day, and already she's learned so so much. I know it's good for her, and I know that she's happier because of it (honestly, we all are), but giving up a couple hours a week with my gal-pal is also such a bummer.

A preschooler. My Rae is a preschooler. Siiiiiiigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...