Thursday, July 20, 2017

@ the construction site with Papa! [+ a VIDEO]

Back in April, we took our whole gang to Dallas for a week! My parents live there, plus two of my brothers and their families. I really wanted everyone to meet Belle, plus, my kids had a few new cousins to meet too...so it seemed like a good idea!

I'm planning on covering all the highlights in the next couple posts, but I had to hop on to document the construction site with Papa real quick!

My Johnny is OBSESSED with construction trucks right now. Backhoes, excavators, cement mixers, bulldozers, front-end loaders, cranes...etc, etc, ETC, ETC. I mean, like, OBSESSED! (It was a natural progression from firetrucks, I think). His cousin Dylan is equally obsessed, so we all knew they'd be bond quickly over their mutual love of boyish things. And we were right...they were fast friends!

Anyways, one of our very first stops on our very first day in Dallas was my Dad's constructions site.
(continued after the jump)
My Dad is the superintendent on the site, so he was able to spoil us a bit. We geared up in our hard hats, and headed into the pit. I'll never forget when Papa pulled up in the big green back-hoe and Johnny started jumping up and down and pointing while saying, "Look! The stabilizer leg!" Like, what the?! That kid cracks me up!

After a plethora of pictures (at my insistence), the kids took turns driving the back-hoe on Papa's lap. He looped them around the site and then let them scoop up a pile of dirt and dump it. I mean, I don't think it gets any cooler for a 2-year old little boy who's world revolves around tractors.

I just can't help but get all mushy-gooshy at things like this. These are the things that I hope my children remember forever. Ya know? Like, I hope some day they can tell their little ones about Papa scooping them up on his lap, and then driving this big-honkin machine together. And feeling so big and powerful up there on Papa's lap. Ya know? Ah, my kids are so so loved and I hope they always know it!

Anyways, at the end of our week of course we had to take one last trip to the construction site to drive the tractors again! This time Johnny was exhausted from a week of crazyness, and I literally thought he was going to fall asleep up there on Papa's lap. It was the cutest thing.

It's been over 3 months and Johnny still talks about the time he "operated the back-hoe with Papa!" Oh, my heart!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...